Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Job Description - Senior Accountant (3145017) Senior Accountant
- ( 3145017 ) About Us
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed
to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the
community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital,
Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including
community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a
physician network, community health centers, home care and other
health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching
affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national
leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
Collaboration. General Overview Reporting to the Accounting
Manager, the Senior Accountant is a key player on a team that is
responsible for the coordination and preparation of the complex
monthly and year-end financial statements for (organization and
affiliates). This position performs a wide variety of accounting
duties in connection of the month end general ledger closing
process and preparation of various financial statements, management
reports, journal transactions and other supporting schedules.
Provides detailed analysis of various general ledger accounts and
prepares appropriate reconciliations. Monitors account transaction
activity to ensure accurate and appropriate recording of revenues,
expenses, assets and liabilities. Principal Duties and
- Prepares a variety of recurring financial transactions,
reports, and analyses related to (organization and affiliates)
operating financial statements, intercompany activity, and other
sub ledger activity and schedules.
- Performs detailed analyses of various general ledger accounts
and selected cost centers, as assigned. Reviews activity for
accuracy, completeness, and reasonableness, interpreting trends or
deviations and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepares analyses of revenue and expense variances, providing
management with explanations for current and prior year changes,
and projected impact.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for assigned accounts,
ensuring all activity is recorded, adjustments are calculated, and
corrections are made. Ensures all assigned accounts are
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations on our BlackLine
software module on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in
preparation for the annual external audit.
- Perform ad hoc analyses of issues to support management
inquiries for revenue and expenses, all performed within time
sensitive deadlines and with a high degree of attention to
- Responds to questions and solves problems as requested by
department managers. This includes responding to questions or
problems pertaining to the monthly Vision performance reports, as
well as all supporting reports used by department managers to
monitor revenues and expenses.
- Performs a variety of accounting related duties such as
suspense account reconciliations, proofreading of financial
documents, compilation of financial schedules and participating in
special projects as requested.
- Maintains in an organized manner all on-line supporting back-up
for review by external auditors. This includes journal entries,
detail trial balance reports, journal entry logs, account
reconciliation reports, payroll related data and various supporting
general ledger schedules.
- Act as an (organization) accounting liaison to functional areas
within Corporate Finance, such as Financial Instruments, Financial
Planning, Benefits, Capital, Special Billing, Cash, Patient A/R,
Revenue Finance, Research Finance and all Partners-affiliated
financial staff for general ledger activity.
- Responsible for documenting and maintenance of assigned
process/procedures related to all assigned accounting duties.
- Assertive, self-motivated team player with a Bachelor Degree in
- Four to six years of directly related professional prior
experience required. Experience in healthcare and hospital finance
- Excellent computer skills with spreadsheets and word
processing. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and databases, a strong
- Ability to oversee the CFO on-line close meeting with limited
- Excellent organizational skills and the flexibility to handle
multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and
interpersonal tact for interacting with all levels of hospital &
finance personnel. Must be customer service focused.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills are required to
effectively engage in systemic problem solving and innovative
thinking in a timely, accurate, detail- oriented manner.
- Ability to work effectively in teams, and ability to work
autonomously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to positively internalize constructive feedback for
- Must also be able to process routine transactions and identify
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Somerville , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!