Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Join a team responsible for the thorough execution of bookclose
and financial reporting processes in a deadline focused
environment, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of key financial
controls. Foster a culture of innovation to continuously improve
processes to ensure work is performed in the fastest, most
cost-efficient means possible. Develop best practices and standards
to ensure policyholder/customer billing quality and financial
controls are met. Create and produce both routine and ad-hoc
financial reports and lead moderate to complex receivables research
and reconciliation. Support the business by analyzing system output
using advanced and customized system data queries, data base tools,
and/or reports. Work with internal departments to analyze, resolve,
and prevent variances. Become subject matter expert on various
systems to understand how activity flows to the ledger, partake in
audit and attestation activities and act as a key stakeholder for
platform teams to help influence enhancements/changes that impact
both the reconciliation and billing controls domains. *This
position is open to remote based candidates Responsibilities:
- Conduct intermediate to complex daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly
reconciliation activity and reporting, including earned premium and
cash posted, loss expenses, vendor charges, journal entries, and
audit/attestation efforts. Review and report month and quarter end
financial calculations and reconciliation activity for accuracy and
timeliness for management and auditors.
- Provide support as needed for regular audit and attestation
throughout the year of key financial controls. Participate in audit
walkthroughs as needed with both internal and external audit
- Analyze, interpret and resolve moderate to complex variances,
disputes, complaints, and/or transactions out of balance,
non-compliant, and/or escalated for additional research. Create and
use spreadsheets, advanced system/database queries, and exhibits to
support and summarize relevant receivables information.
- Take part in quality control review of billing system data, as
well as analyzing multiple reports of receivables transactions.
Review, research, and analyze ad-hoc issues as needed. Review
issues at the policy-holder level to identify root cause,
appropriate resolution, and implement recommendations.
- Cultivate strong relationships with business partners within
and outside of Operations to ensure productive collaboration
relating to reconciliation and resolution of outstanding variances.
Partner with market stakeholders to ensure the availability and
integrity of financial information. Identify downstream impacts
from large strategic efforts/projects and act as a champion of the
- Assist in the implementation of cost effective and efficient
policy and procedure changes, and continually identify
opportunities for improvement of customer service, cash flow, and
business process improvement.
- Understand how data flows through the financial systems to the
accounting function to identify issues and take action to address
them. Support modernization efforts and system enhancements to
automate and streamline reconciliation processes.
- Continually assess the business value and efficiency of the
work performed, making suggestions for improvements, and
collaborating with others in implementing them. Actively
participate in department projects and continuous improvement
- Foster the development of teammates by sharing expertise and
experience through training and work peer reviews.
- Lead by example in delivering prompt and professional service
to both internal and external customers.
- Experience completing moderate to complex monthly/quarterly GL
Reconciliations, Journal Entries, analysis, audit practices.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the insurance industry as normally acquired
through a BS/BA degree with a major in Accounting, Finance,
Economics or Business plus 12 months experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in a fast paced, high
performing team environment.
- Demonstrated track record with focus on customer service.
- Self-Starter with the ability to learn quickly, and work
- Critical thinker with strong desire for continuous
- Advanced competency with Excel preferred.
- Experience with SAS EG or working with databases
- Experience working in Agile software development methodology
- Experience with predictive models, Fiserv Frontier, or other
automation tools desirable.
- Experience with Liberty Mutual, Safeco, Business Lines, or NI
billing systems desirable.At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help
people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we
provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and
respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a
workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
profession. Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great
Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several
years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work
in IT" onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many
years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's
Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for
New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for
Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and
inclusion please visit: We value your hard work, integrity and
commitment to make things better, and we put people first by
offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To
learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: Liberty Mutual
is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate
discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability,
veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis
prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!