Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Description - Senior Internal Auditor (3235740) Senior
Internal Auditor - ( 3235740 ) Reporting to the SVP, Legal,
Regulatory Affairs & Compliance and a dotted line to the MGB VP of
Compliance, Audit & Business Integrity, the Internal Auditor is
responsible for providing management with an independent assessment
of the company's operations. This individual will add value and
improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined
approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control and
governance processes. In addition, the Internal Auditor will
conduct a variety of value-added financial, operational and
business process reviews; manage assigned audit projects; and
develop new staff as needed. The successful candidate will possess
a thorough knowledge or accounting procedures and sound judgement.
Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Working with Legal, Regulatory, Advisory Affairs, and
Compliance (LRAC) management, assist in planning the objectives and
scope of audit engagements; design appropriate procedures; modify
approach based on new or alternative information.
- Apply professional skepticism and critical thinking skills to
analyze areas and identify issues, root causes of issues, and
assess and distinguish the relevance of issues both from a client
perspective as well as an effective control environment.
- Develop reasonable and effective recommendations for solutions
that reflect an understanding of the client environment and risks
inherent to our business and industry.
- Prepare well-written, concise, and effective audit
- Conduct opening and closing meetings with department heads and
Partners senior management, presenting, and discussing findings and
recommendations, as well as providing ongoing communication to
auditee throughout the project.
- Develop strong client relationships to facilitate completion of
- Interact with IAS management continually throughout the
engagement, discussing work performed, status, findings and
recommendations, client communications, and audit reports.
- Prepare audit workpapers in an organized manner, ensuring
complete, applicable documentation of all work performed and
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are integrated as a
- Persist in accomplishing objectives to consistently achieve
results despite any obstacles and setbacks that arise.
- Build strong relationships and infrastructures that designate
Mass General Brigham Health Plan as a people-first
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions,
actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done:
Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment,
Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each
other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning,
Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration from
an accredited institution or the equivalent combination of training
- Two to five years previous experience in auditing (public
accounting and/or internal audit) and one to three years in project
- Healthcare/health insurance experience, CPA/CIA, also strongly
- Information system audit experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate self-initiative, be proactive and collaborative,
and have comfort working in a high-performing environment, able to
adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Advanced communication (oral and written) and interpersonal
skills are also required to effectively communicate, interact, and
build strong working relationships with various process owners and
- A service-focused attitude is essential.
- The ability to work with large amounts of data and perform
analyses is strongly desired.
- Demonstrate Mass General Brighams' core brand principles of
always listening, challenging conventions, and providing
- Strong aptitude for technology-based solutions.
- Ability to inject energy, when and where it's needed.
- Respect the talent and unique contribution of every individual,
and treat all people in a fair and equitable manner.
- Exercise self-awareness; monitor impact on others; be receptive
to and seek out feedback; use self-discipline to adjust to
- Be accountable for delivering high-quality work. Act with a
clear sense of ownership.
- Bring fresh ideas forward by actively listening to and working
with employees and the people we serve.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate
with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others
of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external
to the organization
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and
- Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the
ability to learn quickly Other Details:
- Hybrid Schedule
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and
guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass
General Brigham resources
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work
- Minimal local travel is required. Position is based in Assembly
Row, Somerville, MA in a new building which is T-accessible. Mass
General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing
diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military
service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under
law. - Primary Location MA-Somerville-MGB Assembly Row Other
Locations MA-Charlestown-MGB 529 Main Work Locations MGB Assembly
Row Job Auditing/Compliance Organization Mass General Brigham(PHS)
Schedule Full-time Standard Hours 40 Shift Day Job Employee Status
Regular Recruiting Department MGB Internal Auditing
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Somerville , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...