Associate Director, Program Management
Company: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, United States, , 02129,
Full-time About Finch Finch is a clinical-stage company developing
novel microbiome drugs to serve patients with serious unmet medical
needs. Our machine learning-based platform mines molecular data
collected from human interventional studies to identify the
microbial communities driving positive patient outcomes in
different disease areas. By developing drugs from microbial
communities that have already demonstrated therapeutic effects in
humans, we are pioneering a new approach to drug discovery and
rapidly transforming the promise of the microbiome into a reality
for patients. Our lead therapeutic candidate, CP101, is initially
targeting the prevention of recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI).
CP101 recently met its primary endpoint in a large
placebo-controlled trial in recurrent CDI, providing the first
positive pivotal data for an oral microbiome drug. We also have
programs targeting the treatment of chronic hepatitis B, children
with autism and serious GI symptoms, as well as two programs
partnered with Takeda Pharmaceuticals targeting inflammatory bowel
disease. Position Summary The Associate Director, Program
Management will report into to the Vice President, Program
Management and will be responsible for driving our research and
development programs forward through preclinical and clinical
studies. In collaboration with the Program Lead, the Associate
Director, Program Management will be responsible for building and
executing detailed project plans and ensuring a highly
collaborative and communicative environment within the teams.
- Overall accountability for program operations, timelines, and
- Drive the team and work closely with the Program Lead and other
core program team members to manage all operational aspects of the
- Work closely with the Program Lead to manage the development
and execution of program strategy, including ensuring realistic
timelines and budget are aligned with corporate goals.
- Convert strategic objectives for the drug development program
into operational plans, including actions with clear owners and
- Coordinate communication across cross-functional teams to
optimize team effectiveness; manage projects and teams to
successfully achieve program goals and milestones.
- Anticipate bottlenecks before they occur and help teams
understand the interdependencies of their work.
- Establish protocols for and liaising with joint committees by
creating procedures and frameworks for effective decision
- Plan scientific meetings and project team meetings which will
include creating agendas, capturing meeting minutes, ensuring the
completion of action items, and tracking deliverables.
- Define and track progress through key performance indicators
and internal and external milestones
- Ensure program team activities and decisions are clearly
communicated, documented, and archived, and act as a primary
contact for program team related information. Qualifications
- B.S./B.A in life sciences required; Advanced degree and/or PMP
certification is desired.
- 5+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech,
pharmaceutical industry with 2+ years direct project/program
management in drug development.
- Strong proficiency with program management practices, tools,
- Working knowledge of best-practice alliance management
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project
budgets and timelines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively
inform key stakeholders and management of status, issues and
- Excellent time management and--team management skills. More
About Finch Here at Finch, we strive to create the best work
environment and experience for you through our formal benefits
programs and fringe perks. Together, we hope that we'll create a
fun & supportive environment in and out of the workplace as we
strive to create a new class of therapeutics together to help
- Our formal benefits include medical, dental, and vision
coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield in addition to life
insurance and long-term & short-term disability policies. We offer
discretionary and flexible paid time off policies. Should you
choose to start or grow your family while working at Finch, we
aspire to lead our peers by offering several months of paid
parental leave. We also offer a generous non-discretionary 401K
contribution to help teammates save for life beyond Finch in the
future and other savings and investment opportunities.
- We also try to keep the workplace an inspiring and motivating
place to work with our fringe perks. Our facilities in Somerville,
MA include an in-office gym with a shower and towel service, fully
stocked kitchen with free snacks, iced coffee & flavored/sparkling
waters on tap, and highly subsidized meals through LeanBox. We
sponsor ride-sharing to and from the office from preset locations
around Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville. We are always evaluating
our fringe perks and hope to grow them alongside our team.
- *Only facility-dependent employees are working on-site in
Somerville until further notice. Equal Opportunity Employer We are
committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most
talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All aspects of
employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based
on aptitude, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military
and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Finch
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved, Somerville , Associate Director, Program Management, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!