Chief Financial Officer
Company: Smith Harvey Associates
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Must Have CPA and live in MASS!Primary Purpose: Manage day to
day operations including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting
and planning, tax, and treasury.--Supervise the preparation, review
and analysis of all financial reports for management, lenders and
financial partners including balance sheets, profit and loss
statements, and cash flows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- CFO will possess a strong skill set in preparation of quarterly
financial statements, year-end as well as regulatory support for
- Perform a needs analysis and recommend and implement new
policies and procedures.
- Manage the company's finance team including: general ledger,
balance sheet, P&L, cash flow, chart of accounts, A/R, A/P,
payroll, regulatory filings, etc.
- Develop appropriate analytical and forecasting tools in
cooperation with the various department heads.
- Support the management team through preparation of regular
financial statements, specialized management reports and long and
short-term financial projections and forecasts.
- Participate in the development of company's budget and then
measuring and reporting on performance against budget.
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising the accounting
- Responsible for managing the tax planning and compliance with
all federal, state, and local agencies for corporate, payroll, and
other applicable taxes.
- Work closely with human resources on matters related to company
employee benefits and retirement plans, and employee-related
- Make certain that proper accounting policies, procedures and
internal controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the
Company and to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded
in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Responsible for cash management and strategic planning for all
operating areas of the Company, including complex analysis, tax
structuring and compliance.
- Due diligence for proposed transactions, including
acquisitions, dispositions and financing; and arranging,
negotiating, managing and closing conventional acquisition and
refinancing for real estate investments.
- Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to
develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior
management, lending institutions, outside auditors and legal
- BS degree, must have CPA
- Minimum 10 years progressive business experience with exposure
to entrepreneurial companies preferred.
- A balance of strategic vision and hands-on experience.
- Strong leadership and team building qualities.
- Committed, tough minded, pragmatic, performance-driven
- A track record of good judgment and prudent risk taking.
- Proven success in Accounting, Planning and Management.
- Strong strategic, analytical and planning skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to motivate and
- Experience managing and implementing an ERP or similar
Keywords: Smith Harvey Associates, Somerville , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!