Assistant General Manager - Boston Somerville
Company: La Quinta by Wyndham Boston - Somerville
Posted on: January 6, 2022
La Quinta by Wyndhamis now seeking aAssistant General Manager -
Boston Somerville to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham
Boston - Somerville location in Somerville,Massachusetts.Job
SummaryThis position is responsible for assisting the general
manager with the daily operations of the hotel to maintain
standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality
assurance and asset protection while managing costs within
budget.Education & ExperienceMINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of training criteria specific to hospitality industry
and/or adult learning preferred.Physical Requirements
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, at least
two hours intervals.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended period
of time; at least four hours.
- Must be able to reach for specific objects at short distances
in local working areas.
- On occasion may be required to lift and carry heavy objects,
push or pull heavy objects; kneel, bend or stoop, and ascend or
descend ladders or stairs.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide
service to internal and external customers in a professional and
- May require travel to various locations on business.General
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in
- Logically and independently plan, organize and complete
- Must be able to take initiative and have well-developed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Proficient in MSWord, MS Excel, and MS Outlook (pre-employment
- Able to set and achieve high standards of performance.
- Must be able to perceive quality of work and read
- Must be able to conduct analysis and generate reports to
- Must be able to learn and maintain job duties/knowledge of
basic concept and techniques and complete detailed work
- Must be able to perform the manipulation of numbers and basic
- Must be able to perform job tasks and remain vigilant in the
event of an emergency.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver formal presentations before
public and private concerns.
- Must be able to make progress on multiple assignments under
- Obtain any locally required certifications.Fundamental
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice
President and the corporate sales organization.
- Assist the general manager with informing the front desk staff
about rate structure and know how to implement yield management
policies and procedures.
- Assist with the training of the front desk staff to
successfully perform all front office operations and revenue
management and central reservations procedures.
- Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling
techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Achieve maximum revenue.
- Perform front desk sales representative and night auditor
duties as required by staffing levels and business demand.
- Compose departmental correspondence as needed.Financial
- Support the achievement of planned monthly IOC by managing
departmental expenses within budget; explain the causes for budget
variances and take corrective action to avoid future occurrences
and adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Protect the companys financial assets by properly administering
company policies and procedures for all financial transactions for
assigned department(s). Also, properly administer company policies
and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and
- Train hotel staff to successfully perform guest service
procedures in accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting,
scripts, pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train hotel staff to successfully perform all functions for
guest service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied
with the products and services they received. Personally handle
difficult situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all
issues of poor guest service before guests leave the property.
- Personally respond to guest complaint letters and Guest
Assistance Contact Forms and comment cards in accordance with
- Manage the 100% guarantee procedures in accordance with
standards, and eliminate service issues that result in repeated
invocations of the guarantee.
- Receive satisfactory scores for Medallia (i.e., guest
satisfaction survey) and take action to correct any deficiencies in
assigned department(s).Employee Satisfaction:
- Recruit, select, train and manage employees to deliver guest
services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for
revenue and profit.
- Properly administer Company policies and procedures for human
resources management, payroll administration, personnel
transactions and fair treatment of employees.Product Quality:
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the companys
physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of the hotel
in accordance with established quality control standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by
Medallia, and take action to correct any deficiencies.Developmental
- Act as manager on duty in absence of general manager.
- Serve as acting general manager at various hotels to cover
vacated positions and to relieve general managers on vacation.
- Complete assignments or special projects at various hotels as
assigned by the regional vice president for the purpose of gaining
additional experience in preparation for promotion to general
- Assist regional vice president with the implementation of
best-demonstrated hotel operations in all hotels within region to
improve productivity, product quality, and guest and employee
satisfaction throughout the region.COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 21brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.Our hotel
owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion
everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences,
and our robust portfoliodistinguished by our leading economy and
midscale brandsdelivers just that.We are AmericInn by Wyndham,
Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce
Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by
Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La
Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by
Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.Headquartered in
Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai,
Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs
approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.Our Company is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham
Boston - Somerville,23 Cummings Street,Somerville,Massachusetts
Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: La Quinta by Wyndham Boston - Somerville, Somerville , Assistant General Manager - Boston Somerville, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!