VP/Head of Business Development
Company: Sublime Data Systems
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Business Development - Somerville, MA - Full Time Job
Description Cement is the most massively consumed material after
water. Each kg of cement results in 1 kg of CO2 emissions,
amounting to an astounding 8% of total global annual C02 emissions.
Demand for green cement to build infrastructure and housing is
poised to grow exponentially as cities and builders search for
environmentally responsible ways to manage increases in population
and urbanization. Until now, there has been little innovation to
mitigate the emissions from cement. Leading MIT Materials Science
and Engineering scientists Dr. Leah Ellis and MIT cleantech Prof.
Yet-Ming Chiang have discovered how to do it. Founded in 2020 and
backed by leading investors, including the Engine, Prime Impact
Fund, and Lowercarbon Capital, Sublime Systems is revolutionizing
cement-making using clean renewable energy and an electrochemical
process that eliminates CO2 emissions and meets ASTM standards. As
we push into the market in 2022, we are searching for a business
development leader to establish Sublime Systems' lead in the
low-carbon cement market. Position Overview - This is an exciting
opportunity to transform how the world makes cement. Sublime
Systems seeks a business development professional to:
- Be the operational focal point for the company's business
- Lead formulation and refinement of business development,
go-to-market, and partnerships strategy together with the executive
team and advisors.
- Conceive, organize, and execute multi-sector partnerships along
the value chain that will make Sublime the industry leader in low
carbon cement, including initial product sales.
- Own the competitive landscape analysis and participate in
market research and opportunity discovery
- Mentor and develop people across the organization, while
ensuring exceptional team dynamics. Knowledge and Skill
Requirements The ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams within a
dynamic, evolving environment.
- Experience forming strategic business partnerships and
negotiating deals that span business development and sales, from
term sheets/MOUs, joint development agreements, and joint ventures,
to stacking up purchase orders from customers.
- Ability to negotiate difficult deals in commodity markets where
margins are thin and relationships are important.
- At least three years of senior leadership experience,
preferably in a startup
- Experience working in cement, concrete, construction, or a
commodity industry preferred
- Willingness to travel up to half the time. Requirements
- Leadership mentality: highly motivated, able to set aggressive
goals for self and department and meet goals.
- Accountable: methodically organized, transparently reporting on
progress, and collaboratively adjusting approach when facing bumps
in the road.
- Humble/self-aware: easy to work with, able to give and receive
feedback constructively and respectfully.
- Technical orientation: while an engineering education is not
required, the ability to thrive in a technical environment is
- Strategic orientation: capable of helping iterate on corporate
and go-to-market strategy based on learning from the market,
identifying partnership archetypes that would help accelerate the
business and go into the market and acquire them.
- Analytical: able to understand and model value creation for
customers, help assess and set optimal pricing, and let numbers
- Resourceful: Able to thrive in an unstructured environment
where supporting resources may not be readily available and must be
identified and set up. Compensation Sublime's employees are vested
in a high-potential success story, with competitive compensation,
benefits, and comprehensive PTO and leave policies, complemented by
stock options in a high-growth start-up company with world-class
venture capital backing. Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to
Work In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: Sublime Data Systems, Somerville , VP/Head of Business Development, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!