Vice President, Medicare Advantage Product Strategy
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Job Description - Vice President, Medicare Advantage Product
Strategy (3177450) Vice President, Medicare Advantage Product
Strategy ( Job Number: 3177450 ) For over 30 years, AllWays Health
Partners has delivered value to our members and worked to improve
access to care and coverage. As a member of Mass General Brigham,
AllWays is a health plan at the forefront of innovation, advancing
a highly integrated model of value-based care with one of the
world's leading health care systems. Together, we are transforming
the customer experience, keeping our members and patients at the
center of everything we do. Bring your unique talents and join us
as we strive to create a world where all people live healthier
lives. The VP, Medicare Advantage will have P&L responsibility
for the new Medicare Line of Business and will lead a cross
functional team that supports the launch and on-going management of
the Medicare Advantage business.. The VP will be the Medicare
Advantage champion and will direct and oversee all activities
related to the annual product lifecycle (planning and strategy, the
annual bid process, implementation and launch, ongoing management
and enhancement of products, and product retirement). This role is
pivotal to both the launch and day to day execution of a market
growth strategy that supports the profibility of Medicare
Advantage. The VP will work closely with the Strategy, Marketing,
Sales, Legal/Regulatory, Finance, Operations, Actuarial, and
Product teams to position our MA product(s) in the market against
our competitive landscape and to ensure AllWays Health Partners is
developing products and strategic initiatives that support Mass
General Brigham's enterprise value-based care strategy. The VP has
the responsibility to manage short and long term portfolio strategy
and execute on key initiatives across cross-functional teams. The
VP partners with stakeholders on efforts to comply with CMS
regulatory changes to Medicare Advantage and manages ongoing
reporting metrics to ensure that corporate targets are met while
providing insights and recommendations for future growth and
- Lead, direct and motivate the product team and other cross
functional teams to execute key product strategies and achieve best
possible results for our customers and the company
- Manage and develop relationships with key departments
throughout the organization to support Medicare Advantage growth,
profitability and regulatory compliance such as Strategy &
Marketing, Sales, Finance,Network Management, Actuarial and
- Leverage deep knowledge of the Medicare market, locally and
nationally, to ensure product offering is competitive and ahead of
or inline with the local market. Responsible for preparing
competitive market analysis reports for current and future markets,
and preparing strategic product development updates for the
Executive Team and other leaders within MGB.
- Creates comprehensive Medicare Advantage product strategy and
plans that meets customer expectations including benefit design,
pricing and underwriting, financial arrangements, internal and
external communication, operational procedures and systems
- Leads product portfolio management to ensure product lines
increase competitive advantage, profitability and responsiveness to
- Responsible for management through all stages of lifecycle
including end of life and product migration.
- Responsible for collaborating with leadership across the
enterprise and their staff to ensure optimal go-to-market strategy,
product analytics, development and execution across channels.
- Inform, engage, inspire, motivate, and actively listen to
- Make decisions that put the needs of the people we serve-our
members, providers, brokers, and employers-front and center.
- Communicate and cascade information to employees in a timely
manner and actively participate in the success of
cross-organizational programs and initiatives.
- Identify/create processes and align resources to accomplish key
objectives; clearly convey and assign clear accountability for
important objectives, deadlines, and expectations.
- Hire, participate in, and/or recommend development measures and
disciplinary actions up to and including termination; evaluate
performance and supervise the work of all direct and indirect
reports following established organizational policies, procedures,
- Set clear goals and objectives, use metrics to measure
performance, and hold employees accountable. Provide coaching to
improve performance and holds regular development meetings.
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are integrated as a
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Persist in accomplishing objectives to consistently achieve
results despite any obstacles or setbacks.
- Build strong relationships and infrastructures that designate
AllWays Health Partners as a people-first organization.
Educational/knowledge requirements: Required:
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, health administration or related
field or the equivalent combination of training and
- 10+ years of Medicare Advantage experience including product
development and new market launch.
- Medicare Advantage Product knowledge within Massachusetts and
New England health plan market. Required:
- 5+ years of health plan experience.
- Healthcare marketing experience, primarily in product
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State healthcare
- Demonstrate AllWays Health Partners' core brand principles of
always listening, challenging conventions, and providing
- Bring fresh ideas forward by listening to and working with
employees and the people we serve.
- Respect the talent and unique contributions of every individual
and treat all people in a fair and equitable manner.
- Strong, demonstrated track record of an ability to execute on
time, on budget, and on scope.
- Strong aptitude for technology-based solutions.
- Ability to inject energy, when and where it's needed.
- Current in healthcare trends.
- Demonstrated forward, visionary thinking; ability to see "what
is" and envision "what could be."
- Ability to develop, introduce, defend, and gain support for a
new ideas and approachess.
- -Excellent leadership skills and leadership track record.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a
variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and
influence the targeted audience; strong executive presence,
presentation and communication skills. Strong verbal, active
listening, and written communication skills required.
- Ability to view the long-range trends and cycles of the
business and industry and see the "big picture."
- Ability to apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze
problems and to guide and develop solutions.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovative
thinking and the capability to successfully implement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to
influence others at all levels of an organization.
- Strong EQ; exercises self-awareness; monitors impact on others;
is receptive to and seeks out feedback; uses self-discipline to
adjust to feedback.
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Somerville , Vice President, Medicare Advantage Product Strategy, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!