Director, Product Analysis - Public Entity REMOTE
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 10, 2022
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: We
value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity
employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic
information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local
law. Join our exciting team in Global Risk Solutions - North
America Product and Underwriting - Industry Solutions! The team is
dedicated to supporting underwriters across Global Risk Solutions
(GRS). The team's focus is on ensuring our underwriters and
front-line employees are provided with the right tools and guidance
to help them win in the marketplace. As a member of Industry
Practices you'll work along-side other expert resources to create
and align the go-to-market strategy and champion initiatives by
working across all lines of business to ensure our
product-set/coverage, pricing, risk control services and industry
capabilities resonate with Brokers and Prospects/Customers. We're
looking for individuals that are self-starters and have a solid
foundational background in Product, Underwriting, Claims, Risk
Control or other insurance functions that can be leveraged to help
execute on industry specific strategies. You will be responsible
for taking the lead on strategic initiatives supporting our
industry vertical, Public Entity, consisting of Education/Schools
and Government/Municipalities. This will involve partnering with
segment leaders to evaluate the marketplace and uncover areas of
opportunity for growth. Thorough research will be conducted across
coverage, appetite definition, risk selection, competitors and
marketplace trends. You will work with a team to develop solutions
across several functional areas to strengthen our value proposition
and go to market success. We are looking for talent that can help
take us to the next level of industry strategies and expertise.
This role will assume accountability for setting direction of
assigned industries, making recommendations and implementing
initiatives. This role will also collaborate and partner with other
GRS functional areas including Underwriting Teams, Risk Control,
Claims and Distribution to improve industry strategies.
- Determine strategies and drive execution for growth and
- Build expertise, resources and tools and transfer that
knowledge through field training, consultations, and our Industry
- Accountable for business planning, conducting analysis and
building monitoring to keep leadership informed on industry
- Conducts moderate to highly complex analysis, summarizes and
presents findings to Executive Leadership to drive performance
improvement, under minimal direction.
- Becomes subject matter expert for assigned industries and
business segments, completes industry reviews, produces business
cases for change, and manages implementations independently.
- Understand and drive goal alignment across your industries with
Underwriting Field Leadership
- Accountable for consistency, usability and accessibility of
industry-specific resources that drive improved quality and risk
- Stay abreast of trends, coverage, service and pricing and
ensure Liberty is a leading competitor
- Conducts ad hoc analysis of metrics and data mines reporting
tools to drive actionable insights and support decision
- Serves as point person and project manager for industry
implementations. Leads own work streams on all projects, provides
structured project updates and prioritizes own work.
- Conducts in-depth research of competitor products utilizing
- Consults on underwriting business issues and product design
- Engages with broker industry practice leaders and experts;
develops relationships to support market condition research.
- Presents at internal and external meetings and creates formal
presentation and training materials.
- Provides technical training and user support to business
- May be assigned to mentor a new hire or intern.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative
field; MBA and CPCU/ACAS/FCAS preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressively more responsible
experience, preferably insurance.
- Experience managing projects and providing structured updates
on milestones and statuses
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with ability to story board
and present business problems, business cases for change, and
- Must have exceptional planning, organizational, analytical,
decision making, communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of product offerings, business processes, product
line systems, underwriting rules, pricing plans and databases.
- Underwriting background or experience preferred
- Candidates with a commercial underwriting background
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Director, Product Analysis - Public Entity REMOTE, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!