Analyst - Assistant Director REMOTE - Military Veterans
Company: Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
Posted on: June 20, 2022
MILITARY VETERANS Liberty Mutual Insurance
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
Note:This is a remote opportunity with compensation dependent on
candidates geographic location, overall experience, and skill
level.Global Retail Markets (GRM) Data Office is seeking a
collaborative data enthusiast to join the Claims Data Domain! This
position will partner with IT and business stakeholders to deliver
trusted data solutions that align with Liberty Mutuals top
imperatives.As an Analyst - Assistant Director, you will be a key
contributor in the development and modernization of GRM's Claims
Data Products that enable the Claims Right Touch Strategy and
next-gen Claims organization. You will regularly work in a
cross-functional environment to ensure stakeholders have the right
data and processes in place to provide analytical insights and
support faster model development and deployments.In addition to the
responsibilities below, you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise within the GRM Claims data
- Use technical, analytical, and critical-thinking skills to
develop data solutions which provide value to our stakeholders, are
delivered timely, and meet quality/security standards.
- Complete user acceptance testing on new data assets, research
problems as they arise, share findings, and make a pass/fail
recommendation to IT teams.
- Support table retirement efforts with the goal of reducing
- Effectively balance tasks simultaneously and adapt to
shifting/competing priorities in afast-paced working
- Work collaboratively with peers to accomplish Teams
- Communicate with a variety of people within the Data Office,
Data Analytics & Engineering, and business partners. Engage with
peers and stakeholders to understand current state challenges,
identify requirements, and come to agreement on plans. As
necessary, develop messages to share best practices and release
notes for data assets. Adapt communication style appropriately to
share project results, opportunities, and successes with Business
and Technical Leaders.
- Learn and apply skills with new tools and technology.
Continuously support the organizations move to more sophisticated
analytics. Be an advocate for sharing techniques to foster
collaboration and growth!
- Embrace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion culture creating
long-lasting and trusting relationships with teammates.
- Independently prototypes/develops data solutions of high
complexity to meet the needs of the organization and business
- Designs proof-of-concept solutions utilizing an advanced
understanding of multiple coding languages to meet technical and
business requirements, with an ability to perform iterative
solution testing to ensure specifications are met.
- Acts as a technical leader and mentor to the team.
- Designs and develops data solutions that enables effective
self-service data consumption, and can describe their value to the
- Collaborates with stakeholders in defining metrics that are
impactful to the business.
- Prioritize efforts based on customer value.
- Has an in-depth understanding of Agile techniques.
- Can set expectations for deliverables of high
- Can assist in the creation of roadmaps for data
- Can turn vague ideas or problems into a data product
- Influences strategic thinking across the team and the broader
- Maintains proof-of-concepts and prototype data solutions, and
handles any assessment of their viability and scalability, with own
team or in partnership with IT.
- Working with IT, assists in building robust systems focusing on
long-term and ongoing maintenance and support.
- Ensures data solutions include deliverables required to achieve
high quality data.
- Displays a strong understanding of complex multi-tier,
multi-platform systems, and applies principles of metadata,
lineage, business definitions, compliance, and data security to
- Has an in-depth understanding of Business Intelligence tools,
including visualization and user experience techniques.
- Can set expectations for deliverables of high
- Works with IT to help scale prototypes.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of new technologies
as needed to progress initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
related discipline preferred.
- Master`s in same or related disciplines strongly
- 5-7+ years experience in coding for data management, data
warehousing, or other data environments.
- 5-7+ years experience as developer with top quadrant Business
Intelligence tools (e.g., SAS, SQL, Snowflake, Python).
- Product and industry knowledge relevant to personal lines &
business insurance and claims operations.Understanding of a variety
of data management concepts, such as data warehousing, logical data
modeling, data vault, ETL, and MDM.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and
confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment
focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll
discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim
to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.Liberty
Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by
Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also
selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider
Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have
been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women
and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one
of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our
commitment to diversity and inclusion please
value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit:https://LMI.co/BenefitsLiberty Mutual is an
equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discriminationon
the basis ofrace, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status,
pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, Somerville , Analyst - Assistant Director REMOTE - Military Veterans, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!