Director, Digital Communications
Company: bluebird bio
Posted on: January 16, 2023
ABOUT THE FLOCK
bluebird bio's external affairs team is building confidence and
conviction in bluebird and our ability to deliver on our mission to
bring patients and their families more bluebird days. This
committed, focused, and fun flock is looking for our newest team
member to develop and execute on a digital strategy that helps the
outside world understand our unique culture, values, and
patient-centered mission. Come work with a dedicated, expert group
of birds and contribute to a purpose-driven organization that is
shaping the future of gene therapy.
HOW YOU'LL FLY
You'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Defining a cohesive strategy to bring bluebird's brand, vision,
and values to life for multiple audiences across our corporate
- Keeping it real - continuously using our platforms to amplify
the lived experiences of the patients we serve and help the outside
world understand what it means to "be BLUE."
- Managing editorial calendars and producing engaging content for
multiple channels-including bluebirdbio.com, Twitter, LinkedIn,
Instagram, and YouTube-that helps translate complex science, convey
our commitment to patients, and underscore our leadership in gene
therapy. This includes agency management as well as in-house video
production and content creation as needed.
- Ensuring our corporate channels adhere to evolving regulatory
and compliance standards and facilitating Medical, Legal, and
Regulatory reviews and approval for content and campaigns.
- Leveraging insights and data to help birds understand how
content is performing across channels and inform continual
refinement of our approach; and staying current with evolving
digital and social trends and evaluating new opportunities and
channels that could help reach priority audiences.
- Supporting social listening efforts and monitoring online
conversations and sentiment relevant to bluebird, along with
evolving trends across social media, and managing issues as
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure alignment with
broader corporate, brand, and internal communications plans and
fostering relationships across functions to ensure our external
channels remain strategically aligned with our business objectives.
This includes working closely with our People & Culture team to
help attract a diverse flock of birds.
- Stewarding and safeguarding our brand internally and externally
by approving appropriate use of our brand, overseeing the continued
use and implementation of our brand and style guide, and providing
ad hoc design support.
- Managing a small network of agency partners to provide digital
and multi-media content and manage our corporate-owned web and
social media platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
You're the bird we're looking for if you have:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 10 years of relevant experience
in digital communications.
- Strong track record developing and building best-in-class
digital strategy and social communications programs that positively
impact corporate reputation and advance business objectives, and
deep understanding of paid/organic social media and
- A great sense of humor, willingness to embrace bird puns, and
desire to define-not follow-the standard for creative, engaging,
and impactful content.
- Passion for the power of science to transform the lives of
patients' and caregivers and reaching historically underserved
- A big picture mindset coupled with the ability to be hands on
and sweat the details; superb writing skills and ability to jump
into graphic design and video editing when required.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical, healthcare, or life sciences
industry including understanding of digital/social media regulatory
guidance and familiarity with review processes in Veeva, issues
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team
environment, to incorporate multiple points of view, and to
communicate with inspiration.
- Self-starter with an ability to embrace change and multi-task
in an extremely fast-paced environment, constantly adjusting and
accounting for the external environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to
completion and an outcomes-oriented mindset; personal commitment to
high performance and continuous improvement.
Role could include travel up to 20% of the time.
Keywords: bluebird bio, Somerville , Director, Digital Communications, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!