Senior Manager - Health Information Management, REMOTE
Company: Partners HealthCare
Posted on: March 14, 2023
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed
to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the
community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital,
Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including
community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a
physician network, community health centers, home care and other
health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching
affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national
leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Enterprise Health
Information Management (HIM), the Senior Manager of Data & Record
- Implements strategic priorities related to enterprise level
health information policy, regulations, and compliance across Mass
General Brigham to meet the needs of a large, complex organization
including 12 site-based hospitals.
- Directs operational and financial aspects of a centralized
Record & Data Integrity Division, which includes Chart Correction,
Patient Identity, Deficiency Tracking and Health Information
- Develops and advances new HIM and HIE programs and projects
across Mass General Brigham through leading and collaborating with
a variety of enterprise-wide stakeholders. The scope of
responsibility includes regulatory compliance efforts and policy
development related to managing the integrity of health information
within the context of the patient's electronic health record across
all Mass General Brigham (MGB) healthcare organizations and
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
- Provide leadership and guidance to the EMPI Manager for
efficient and effective operations
- Design and implement a strategic direction for improved EMPI
data integrity functions
- Determine performance measures for health record data accuracy,
completeness, and reliability in support of safe, effective patient
- Recommend and approve staffing resources in support of patient
- Implement consistent patient matching data standards for MGB.
This includes policies and procedures for duplicate patient
identity cleanups, merging patient records when necessary, and
other related operational processes required for clean, reliable
patient data across entities
- Identify and recommend efforts to ensure the security of the
- Provide leadership and decision making for various data
requests and clinical integration strategies which involve EMPI
data and operations.
- Chart Correction
- Oversee the strategic management of the enterprise-wide Chart
- Direct and implement effective strategies to correct and amend
patient health records in a timely manner in support of safe
- Collaborate with MGB digital and technical teams on strategies
for correcting widespread issues requiring the use of automated
procedures and disclaimers while assuring the electronic health
record is compliant and meets regulatory requirements and legal
- Design and implement a patient amendment process that provides
a transparent and easy patient experience and balances patient
rights with an accurate legal record.
- Provide consistent communication and guidance to all patient
requests for amendments and reflects how MGB and maintains their
- Deficiency Tracking
- Oversee the deficiency tracking and transcription services
- Assure all entities follow policies as well as state and
federal documentation regulations.
- Manage a centralized transcription and voice recognition
program strategy, utilizing preferred vendors and managing
contracts in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Health Information Exchange Operations
- Implement and promote processes that assures all data that is
electronically shared with or by MGB through HIEs is valid and
- Recommend performance improvement strategies in follow-up to
trend information on duplicates, merges, chart corrections and
other HIE data integrity issues.
- Recommend non-MGB sites for integration to use the MGB EHR.
Assist in the direction and implementation efforts for effective
transition of designated patient data.
- Serves as a liaison with HIE vendors and state agencies to
ensure purposeful sharing of data.
- Keep abreast of national interoperability standards and work
with technical and clinical teams to operationalize
- Overall Management
- Create and implement policies and procedures that support
organizational goals carried out by Enterprise Record and Data
Integrity across MGB.
- Recommend training curriculum as it pertains to health data
integrity, including ongoing EMPI cleanup activities, integration
with scheduling and registration functions, etc.
- Contribute to a positive patient experience by ensuring
excellent customer service standards are met when patients request
amendments and identity confirmation.
- Participate in HIM administrative and leadership committees, as
required, representing HIM at workgroups and discussions involving
health information data integrity.
- Responsible for human resources and compensation related duties
in support of staff.
- Promote cooperation and teamwork among staff to attain goals
- Design and promote processes that assure the privacy,
confidentiality, and security of health information.
- Stay abreast of new regulations that impact the core work of
health information management (patient access to their health
information, etc.) and lead enterprise organization and planning
efforts to implement such regulations within time frame
- Plan and implement a Health Record and Data Integrity budget in
alignment with and support of Enterprise HIM goals and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management, Health Care
Management, Health Informatics, or related area; Master's degree
preferred. Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credentials
- Knowledge of health information management principals including
DPH, CMS, Joint Commission, HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations
and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology
and data base management.
- 10 years of progressive health information operations, health
care management or health informatics managerial and leadership
experience working in a healthcare system.
- 10 years of experience in working with various health
information systems, electronic health records and applications.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Ability to communicate to groups easily and effectively at
various professional levels, to accomplish goals and objectives
while maintaining good working, professional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent
organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Independent
judgment necessary to carry out efforts that have significant
impact on services or programs.
- Demonstrated high level critical thinking, written and oral
- Excellent presentation skills and conflict resolution skills
- Must be knowledgeable in multi-departmental and
cross-functional planning and organization, change management and
- Ability to manage proactively through problem identification
- Identify educational needs and implement performance
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks while
understanding and keeping focused on priorities.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing
diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military
service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under
Keywords: Partners HealthCare, Somerville , Senior Manager - Health Information Management, REMOTE, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...