Children's Ministry Director
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Type: Children's Pastor,Ministry Director,Support
- We are a baptistic, non-denominational church where the vision
is to help religious and irreligious people become gospel
- Our core values are sound doctrine, gospel culture, and
- We are about 4 years old, with a growing body with 61 members,
averaging about 80-90 in worship each week.
- We have 36 total kids regularly involved in our ministry,
averaging about 15-20 each week in three classrooms - Nursery,
Preschool, and Elementary. Role Snapshot :
- We are hiring a part-time Kids Director for 10-20 hours a week.
Flexible weekly schedule.
- Starting anytime between now & May.
- The vision for our kids ministry is to help our kids to be
"gospel people" through teaching the gospel on Sundays in a safe
and fun environment and by partnering with parents to equip them to
teach the gospel at home.
- The ideal candidate loves God, his Word, and children. He or
she is administratively gifted and enjoys developing teachers and
leaders to more effectively teach Gods word. This person is a man
or woman of prayer and feels a calling to serve the Lord in this
- The kids director understands how policies and proper
scheduling contributes to the success of the ministry.
- Member (or willing to be a member) of City on a Hill
- Commitment to vision of City on a Hill and CoaH Kids.
- Demonstrate the character of a deacon(ness) as outlined in 1
- Experience in developing and training adult leaders.
- Experience in leading and working with children.
- Completed background check, W-4, & direct deposit form.
- Recruit, interview, and train volunteers
- Handle the CoaH Kids volunteer onboarding process via Planning
Center (background checks, checking references, conducting Social
Media check etc.).
- Regularly debrief with volunteers through feedback form and
- Care about volunteers' souls, not merely the work they get
- Plan for semi-annual volunteer training and encouragement
sessions specific to the age group they are serving.
- Lead team huddles every Sunday at 9am or arrange for a lead
teacher to do so. Create attractional environments to welcome
- Ensure that CoaH Kids environments at the campus are safe,
kid-focused, and inviting.
- Ensure that classrooms & small groups reflect the following
leader to child ratios: Nursery, 1:3;
Preschool (ages 4-5), 1:5; Elementary, 1:10.
- Train hospitality team members to welcome and build
relationships with kids and families.
- Work with other church leaders to make CoaH events
family-friendly and inviting for kids.
- Ensure Sundays run smooth and troubleshoot any needs. Connect
children/families to community and to Christ.
- Look for a replacement in case a volunteer has to cancel less
than 24 hours before scheduled to serve.
- Work with teachers to prepare weekly lesson materials and craft
supplies for Sunday classrooms. Have these materials set up in
classrooms and ready for use before Sunday services.
- Organize supplies and curriculum to ensure that your team is
equipped with everything needed to execute excellent children's
- Ensure family-equipping materials are well-stocked and
available for parents weekly.
- Schedule weekly newsletters to parents using MailChimp. Other
- Meet as needed with Lead Pastor, probably bi-weekly.
- Request and manage budget line.
- Run all background checks for CoaH Somerville via Checkr on
- Run your own background check every two years and show result
to the lead pastor.
- Arrange for annual Caring Well Team (CWT) meeting to review
policies and discuss any RSO (Registered Sex Offenders)
- If a registered sex offender attends CoaH Somerville, to run a
background check and assist the pastor and PPC in cooperation with
the individual's probation officer in developing a shepherding plan
and/or conditional attendance agreement (both when the individual
discloses themself that they are a RSO,, or when finding through
- Report suspected abuse to the Department of Children and
Families (DCF)- mandated reporter!
- Ensure the cleaning checklist for the kids facilities is being
- Complete any other objectives set by the lead pastor.
- Report kids numbers & testimonies to lead pastor.
- Serve during the service no more than once or twice a month.
The other weeks should be run by volunteers under your supervision
while you attend the worship gathering.
- Plan for and carry out annual KSA week in cooperation with the
Kids Directors of the other CoaH churches.
- Help arrange for childcare for church events occasionally.
- Hourly pay is commensurate with education and experience.
Starting at no less than $20/hr.
- Two references, preferably from past employers or spiritual
- A brief answer to the following questions: "As you look into
this position and City on a Hill Church, what is especially
appealing to you? What is that most connects with you that leads
you to desire to apply for this position?"
Keywords: Ministrylist, Somerville , Children's Ministry Director, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...