Production Manager Service & Inspection
Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate understanding and adhere to the KCS principals of
Employee Engagement, Operational Excellence & Safety, Customer
Satisfaction, Corporate Social Responsibility and Economic
- Ensure designated shift(s) are properly resourced (required
staffing and skill distribution) to deliver the required work in
line with the agreed Service Level Agreement. This includes making
- Ensure necessary work instructions, bulletins, safety
procedures, tools and materials are available for employees to
perform the required tasks. This includes tracking of Calibrated
- Manage and oversee priorities for the shift based on the daily,
weekly, and monthly plan to meet safety, production, quality, and
cost control objectives. Adhere to daily and weekly budgets for
labor and materials.
- Ensure equipment released for service is properly cleaned and
- Develop and implement continuous improvement strategies to
optimize productivity and drive performance, customer service and
financial results in accordance with overall strategy.
- Ensure facility compliance with applicable regulations related
to safety, sanitation, oil and fuel management, and hazardous waste
- Complete Test and Observations, Planned Safety Inspections and
other inspection and audit activities as assigned in line with the
specified quotas and at the frequency required, per week, per month
and per year.
- Drive improvement of safety performance in sync with annual
safety plan for the Mechanical Department. Plan for and direct
operations during service disruptions and periods of extreme
weather to ensure safe working environment.
- Ensure Standard Work Day methodology is properly applied.
Collaborate with Foreman to ensure job briefings are properly
planned, accurate communication to all employees regarding scope of
- Collaborate with Foreman throughout the shift obtain updates on
progression of work and make necessary recommendations as
- Ensure proper use of Trapeze; that workflows are followed
consistently, that time and materials are correctly recorded, that
service requests and work orders are raised and closed as necessary
with all fields populated. This includes closure of MUPs and update
of test results for activities such as disc brake inspections and
idling records. Check production data entry for accuracy and
- Review and approval of employee time cards in Kronos.
- Provide managerial leadership to the Mechanical Department
employees this includes individual coaching, development, holding
direct reports to account and managerial support.
- Available for out-of-location assignment during storms,
derailments, emergencies, service disruptions, as necessary.
- Undertake other duties as assigned, including covering
vacancies at another work location and/or shift. Experience
- Experience successfully implementing change in a heavily
- Experience managing first level managers and professionals with
customer service, operational and safety accountabilities within a
- Communication skills at interpersonal and group levels.
- Build trust in relationships.Demonstrated capability to
influence, negotiate and facilitate buy-in with a variety of
stakeholders up to and including labor organizations, clients,
external PTAs, and other counterpart transportation agencies. - -
- Proven ability to lead by example to foster positive cross
functional relationships with internal and external stake holders.
- - Key Accountabilities
- Experience at Mechanical Management level within a complex
railroad organization 3-5 years + of demonstrated leadership
- Strong knowledge of rolling stock maintenance facilities,
process and practices and modern maintenance facility
- Experience of using asset management systems such as Trapeze to
request parts, record time and material consumption, create work
- Experience of using Excel, Word, Powerpoint and other MS Office
- Experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives in a
production environment to improve productivity and reduce equipment
- Demonstrated acumen with regulatory requirements affecting
passenger railroad operations including FRA and OSHA
- Must be a QMP to CFR 238, or demonstrate ability to become so
- Demonstrated capability to run a full operation and delivering
- Key personal traits; forward thinking, proactive, resilient,
sound judgement, innovative where it's required, driven by a
relentless pursuit of excellence. Additional Statements Drug and
alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
examination. Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis.
By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees,
customers, and communities. Together we can become the most
successful transportation company in the world. Environmental
commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by
minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the
communities in which we operate. EEO statement: Our policy is to
afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals
regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital
status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. ADA Reasonable Accommodation: - Keolis CS is committed to
the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this
commitment, Keolis CS will ensure that persons with disabilities
are provided reasonable accommodations. Disclaimer and closing
statement: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to
offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits,
opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and
rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. #INDHP
Keywords: Keolis North America, Somerville , Production Manager Service & Inspection, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...