Executive Director/Vice President, Corporate Transactions
Company: Tessera Therapeutics, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
We are seeking a dynamic Vice President of Corporate Transactions
to join our collaborative Legal Leadership group at Tessera
Therapeutics. This position will offer an exciting opportunity to
lead and partner on a broad range of matters, including SEC and
Nasdaq compliance, capital markets and business development
initiatives, external communications, and corporate governance
matters. Reporting to General Counsel, this individual will gain
experience building and managing a team of attorneys and contract
managers focused on securities law and corporate governance, and
business development support and contracting. You will use your
understanding of securities law and corporate governance in the
biopharma and/or life sciences industry to make meaningful
contributions to strategic and operational discussions and provide
pragmatic legal advice for Tessera.
- Act as a business partner to senior management and internal
constituencies (such as Business Development, Finance, Human
Resources and R&D), providing solution-oriented legal advice,
risk assessments and interpretations of sophisticated
- Collaborate on strategic transactions, including capital
markets and business development activities; lead legal due
diligence activities; and draft, review and negotiate
- Oversee general corporate law functions, including with respect
to reporting and compliance, corporate governance, contracting,
transactions and real estate.
- Advise the Human Resources and Finance teams with respect to a
variety of matters, including the company's equity incentive
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop communication
strategies and review communication materials, including press
releases, scripts, and investor relations presentations.
- Work closely with the General Counsel, Human Resources,
Finance, and others on matters related to the Board of Directors
and its committees, including drafting resolutions and minutes, and
attend meetings according to business needs.
- Oversee cross-functional efforts to develop and implement
policies and procedures and train employees contracting
requirements, and other matters.
- Manage outside counsel and the relevant portions of the Legal
- Maintain a solid understanding of applicable laws, regulations,
and enforcement actions to identify emerging risks, keep management
advised, and implement policies and training programs, as
- J.D. from a fully accredited law school.
- 15+ years of industry-related experience with 5+ years in-house
experience at a biopharmaceutical company with rare diseases
business strongly preferred.
- Good standing and licensed to practice law in one or more U.S.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating licensing, M&A and
complex contracting arrangements.
- Sound judgment, mission driven, high integrity, and dedication
to ethical conduct.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
while still meeting high quality and timeliness standards.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, player-coach with the ability to work
collaboratively with a pragmatic approach and a positive attitude
in a results-driven, highly accountable environment.
- A strong people leader with experience effectively recruiting,
leading, and retaining teams and inspiring others to maximize
engagement and performance.
- Experience in the preparation and review of SEC filings and
compliance with SEC requirements
- Experience advising on investor relations matters, including
review of earnings announcements, earnings scripts, press releases,
investor presentations, investor communications, and other
- Ability tomanagecorporate governance and corporate
secretarialdutiesfor meetings of the company's Board of Directors
and its committees.
- Experience supporting capital markets transactions, including
- Knowledge of Internal Audit with SOX compliance
- Ability to manage outside counsel effectively and efficiently
and adhere to a budget.
Keywords: Tessera Therapeutics, Inc., Somerville , Executive Director/Vice President, Corporate Transactions, Executive , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!