Registered Nurse - Wilmington, MA - $2,000 Sign On Bonus!*
Company: CVS Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
As a Minute Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) you will be in an
integral role as part of the clinic team. Under the supervision of
a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, the
Registered Nurse (RN) will advance the evidence based practice in
all patient encounters as they perform the major job duties and
tasks within the scope of their training. The role is responsible
for assisting patients and performing or assisting with all
clinical services available at our clinics. The RN will perform
task such as patient registration and intake, assisting with wait
room management and other responsibilities that will enhance the
patient experience. Clinical responsibilities to include phlebotomy
and specimen collection services, vaccine injection, patient
assessment activities during intake such as vital signs, and
performing diagnostic tests such as EKG and Retinopathy.
- Phlebotomy and other Medical Services
- Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for
- Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance
with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure
- Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate
computer ordering codes.
- Process specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to
individual test requirements.
- Collect and document vital signs on patients
- Preparing, administering and providing vaccination
- Collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples and send to a
reference lab for testing.
- Operate an EKG device for non-emergency readings on
- Capture images of a patient's retina by using a fundus
- Perform CLIA waived point of care testing on patients.
- Perform additional medical services that fall within the
licensure of an Associate Nurse under the supervision of a Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Patient-focused activities
- Assist with patient registration, available to answer questions
regarding MinuteClinic services
- Assist with managing patients in the waiting space and level
set wait time expectations.Act as a chaperone if a patient or
provider in the primary exam room requests one.
- Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to
drive practice growth.
- Clinic Operations Support
- Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the clinic.
- Keeping Clinical Rooms clean, uncluttered and suitable for
- Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of
any blood of body fluids.
- Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for
additional job duties as assigned by Nurse Practitioner, Senior
Practice Manager, Senior Clinician or Area Director.
- Sign-on bonus does not apply if you are already working with
- A Registered Nurse License must be full, active and
unrestricted in the State for which you are applying (This included
a Territory or Common Wealth of the United States or District of
- One year minimum related work experience in a healthcare
- Experience documenting within an Electronic Medical Record
(EMR) system required.
- Proven ability to take vital signs, perform phlebotomy blood
draws and perform Point of Care Testing required.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication
- Desire and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability
- Proven and demonstrated clinical skills that include:
documentation of care, medication administration, infection control
precautions, assessing patient educational needs, physical
assessment, obtaining vital signs, care coordination.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable
under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable
accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious
belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least
one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to
provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days
of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be
required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the
first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may
be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can
begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your
COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your
employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical
condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a
reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your
employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part
of this process, you will be required to provide information or
documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some
states and roles, you may be required to have an approved
reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If
your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your
employment may be terminated.
Previous Experience working in an Primary Care Clinic, Urgent Care
Clinic, Emergency Room or Primary Physician's Office
Prior experience in Phlebotomy or Specimen lab or collection
Bachelors Nursing Degree is required from a school of Nursing,
approved by the State Agency and/or accredited by the National
League for Nursing (Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)) at the time the
program was completed
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common
purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are
working to transform health care through innovations that make
quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and
patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the
individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that
puts people at the heart.We strive to promote and sustain a culture
of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not
discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race,
ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any
other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal,
state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with
military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National
Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: CVS Health, Somerville , Registered Nurse - Wilmington, MA - $2,000 Sign On Bonus!*, Healthcare , Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!