Molecular Engineering Lead, Global Gene Therapy Research
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: May 13, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a patient-focused
company that enables transformative technologies to address
patients' needs while inspiring you and support your career? Takeda
is a world-class organization where we combine our expertise in
disease biology, modality technologies and drug development
experience to develop gene therapies in a holistic approach. We are
seeking a highly motivated leader with substantial experience in
vector design and gene therapy drug development experience to join
Takeda to advance our gene therapy research effort. Be empowered
and join us as a Molecular Engineering Lead in the Global Gene
Therapy Research Team.Objectives:As the Gene Therapy Molecular
Engineering Lead, you will provide expertise in the understanding
and manipulations of multiple types of regulatory elements and its
use in Gene Therapy research projects for research and development
- Use in silico tools, design nucleic acid sequences (eg.
transgenes, regulatory elements) with properties that would be
incorporated into gene therapy product candidates.
- Order and provide technical and logistical oversight to CROs
that produces the nucleic acid material and DNA sequencing analysis
with acceptable quality.
- Perform hands-on design of assays, internally in our research
lab And through appropriate CROs to test and characterize DNA/RNA
sequence in the gene therapy context.
- Understand the design and assemble of viral and no-viral
vectors for gene therapy application.
- Identification and testing of DNA elements (cis/trans) to gene
- Design and optimized library preparation and coordinate Vector
Integration Site analysis internally and with CRO.
- Collaborate within Global Gene Therapy sub-functions, and other
technology platform teams and Drug Discovery Units to support both
gene therapy therapeutic and technology projects.
- Follow compliance of documentation in electronic lab notebook
and author scientific reports that supports internal documentation
and regulatory submissions.
- Demonstrate good organizational and communication skills.
Expected to be accountable for effectiveness and timelines of
completion of project goals.EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or MS with 6+ years
- Hands-on direct experiences in handling molecular biology
cloning, DNA sequence synthesis through CROs, DNA extraction for
nucleic acid analysis and publication record to demonstrate this
ability is preferred.
- Expertise using molecular software (SnapGene, Vector NTI,
Geneious Prime, or others) to analyze and build DNA
- Previous experience in silico genomic DNA and RNA search from
available databases, analysis, annotation, interpretation and
organize results with visualization that could be presented and
- Experience using viral and non-viral technology for gene
- Experience with library preparation and integration assay.
- Experience using different transfection methods for mammalian
- Microbiology knowledge and skills (E. coli culture,
transformation, plasmid extraction)
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture and aseptic cell culture
- Analyze data to provide an interpretation of results with
appropriate biostatistical analysis.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under demanding timelineIn
accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, -Colorado Applicants Are Not
Permitted to Apply.Absent an approved religious or medical reason,
all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully
on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be
fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda
colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based
employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment,
absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who
work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a
BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different
guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your
job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the
applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you
have applied.Employee may also be eligible for Short-term and
Long-term incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate
in Medical, Dental. Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable
Contribution Match, Company Holidays, Personal & Vacation Days,
Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. If
candidate is not eligible for any benefits or other comp., those
can be excluded.EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to
creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - MA - Cambridge -
Binney StWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Somerville , Molecular Engineering Lead, Global Gene Therapy Research, Healthcare , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!