Full Time Closing (2pm-1030pm) Prepared Foods/Culinary Department Supervisor, 45 Beacon St, Som[...]
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Posted on: February 26, 2021
HIRING ALERT: We're hiring in-store shoppers near you! Flexible
scheduling, at least $15/hr minimum starting pay and quick hiring
process. -- Learn More> > > Full Time Closing (2pm-1030pm)
Prepared Foods/Culinary Department Supervisor, 45 Beacon St,
Somerville Department Store Job Type Regular Location Somerville,
Massachusetts, United States of America Somerville Job
DescriptionAssists with the scheduling and supervision of Team
Members as well as with the day-to-day flow of the department.
Oversees and maintains compelling Prepared Foods, coffee, and juice
displays. Supports the Prepared Foods Team Leader and Associate
Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the Prepared Foods
Team. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All
positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Responsibilities
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Prepared Foods Team
- Works with Prepared Foods Trainer to train Team Members in a
manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and
- Assists in training of new Team Members, utilizing learning
checklists and training materials.
- Keeps all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly
- Opens and closes department according to established
- Ensures all necessary breaks are given.
- Communicates team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Prepared Foods team procedures and
- Strong demonstrated organizational and time management
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
operations-related applications. Desired Work Experiences
- 12+ months retail experience. Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.Note: The purpose of this document
is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document
does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position.
Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any
job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher
level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level.
Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for
similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion. At Whole Foods
Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs. Real benefits go beyond
what you'd expect. We call ours "Whole Benefits," and they cover
Physical, Mental, and Financial health. Here are a few of the perks
you can expect in these areas. We offer access to health insurance
for all full-time Team Members to keep you feeling great. 20%
In-Store Discount Our most famous benefit, every Team Member gets a
20% in-store discount on your favorite products. Plus, after six
months, you have the opportunity to increase that discount up to
30%. PTO Cash-Out Once per year, eligible US Team Members can take
100% of unused PTO hours and convert them into pay Total Health
Immersions Four times a year, we send select Team Members to a
week-long health getaway to help create and sustain healthy
lifestyle changes. We pay 100% of the costs and even 50% of your
spouse's costs if they want to join. Whole Planet Foundation Team
Member Volunteer Program Eligible Team Members can travel for 2-3
weeks to the communities where Whole Foods Market sources products
and funds microcredit clients through its Whole Planet Foundation.
Career Learning and Development Better yourself as you better us.
We give you comprehensive training, programs and clear career paths
to help you grow. Our Core Values Our core values have guided us
since Day 1. We live them every day, and they've helped make us who
we are today. We Sell the Highest Quality Natural and Organic Foods
We Satisfy and Delight our Customers We Promote Team Member Growth
and Happiness We Create Profits and Prosperity We Care About our
Communities and the Environment We Practice Win-Win Partnership
with our Suppliers Sign up for Job Alerts Not seeing a fit? Sign up
for job alerts and we'll notify you the moment a new job you want
is posted. How would you rate your experience popup "Whole Foods
Market" is a registered trademark of Whole Foods Market IP,
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Somerville , Full Time Closing (2pm-1030pm) Prepared Foods/Culinary Department Supervisor, 45 Beacon St, Som[...], Hospitality & Tourism , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!