Human Resources Generalist
Company: VDV Staffing
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Under general supervision, performs a variety of responsible and
complex technical and administrative duties relating to personnel
functions and programs in the areas of benefits administration,
classification and compensation, and employee relations; provides
information and assistance to employees regarding human resources
activities, process, policies, and procedures; prepares various
correspondence; performs a variety of tasks requiring specialized
knowledge related to area of assignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, technical,
administrative, and office duties in support of the Human Resources
- Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone;
screen and direct phone calls; take and relay messages; answer
questions from employees regarding human resources issues, rules,
and regulations relating to human resource management.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the
Human Resources Department; compose and type letters, memoranda,
and other correspondence related to assigned human resources
programs and activities; prepare a variety of reports including
technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource
management programs and activities.
- Maintain personnel records ensuring timely and accurate
- Explain employment benefits and general terms and conditions of
employment to employees and department representatives; as a backup
to the Training Coordinator, conduct initial new employee
orientation for purposes of ensuring appropriate completion of
payroll and benefits documentation.
- Research, compile and analyze data for special personnel
projects and reports.
- Perform a variety of general office support duties; make
copies; maintain calendar of activities, meetings, and various
events for assigned staff; process mail; maintain inventory.
- Basic human resources functions and procedures.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers
and applicable software applications such as word processing,
spreadsheets, and databases.
- Methods and techniques of proper phone etiquette.
- Methods and techniques for basic report preparation and
- Methods and techniques for record keeping and filing.
- Customer service and public relations methods and
- Perform a variety of office support and clerical duties and
activities of a general and specialized nature in support of the
Human Resources Department.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in
maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a
high degree of employee contact by phone or in person.
- Coordinate activities and meet critical deadlines.
- Understand and follow instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
writing.Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
with extensive employee contact and frequent interruptions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and
mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for
prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel,
crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light
to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment
requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including
use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human
Resources, or related area
- 1-3 years' of experience working in Human Resources experience
in manufacturing setting required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
This position description reflects the current assignment of
essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties
and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at
any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an
individual with a disability, or for other reasons.
Keywords: VDV Staffing, Somerville , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!