Company: Mastech Digital
Posted on: February 14, 2021
TITLE : System AdminLOCATION: Somerville, MADURATION: 6
Description: This position works within the multi-disciplinary ERIS
Core Facilities team to develop, configure and administer
application and web server systems and to provision user accounts
for research departments and investigators across the organization.
This role works on a project-basis to understand and document the
requirements and implement the technical server stack for the
client. The broad range of responsibilities include: effective
project communication and coordination of tasks with client,
analysis of needs, installation/configuration, operation, and
managing upgrades and patching with technical teams, and
accountability. Using your knowledge of server administration and
application configuration, you will develop and maintain server
systems and end-point integration issues, provide general technical
training to investigators when needed, document knowledge within
our knowledge management system ServiceNow, ensure systems are
secure and provide support for the server and applications as
- Server Administration: Manage and administer production servers
used by Investigators and Research Centers: including deployment
and support, monitoring system performance, networking, data
storage and backup/restore needs, maintainability, and
- Upgrades servers and apps as necessary with new software
revisions, patches and system program modifications.
- Manage access and space management for client's data center.
Point of contact for Simches data center
- Develop and maintain system documentation using wiki and
knowledge management tools (Confluence)
- Create and close work orders for tasks using established
standards in ServiceNow
- Work directly with Departments and Research Labs on IT special
projects that require this person to track and manage their time
into a project billing system.
- Analyzes results of server monitoring and implements changes to
improve performance, processing and utilization. Proposes,
maintains and enforces server polices, practices and security
- Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up
to 25 pounds and possible significant fieldwork around the client's
campus and satellite buildings. (Please ask this specifically)
- Off-hours on-call best effort support is occasionally
- Managing apps- Mcaffee drive encryption, excelion, crash plan
pro. Upgrading those apps and the systems they are on. Setting up
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent combination of
- 5+ years of experience required in System administration within
a large, networked computing environment.
- 3+ years demonstrated project coordination and analysis
- Candidate must possess solid knowledge and understanding of
Windows server configurations including networking. Additional OS'
a plus (RedHat, CentOS, Linux variants).
- 3+ years working within a Healthcare organization
- Experience with application provisioning, McAfee Drive
Encryption, List Manager a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (10, 2008R2, 2012R2,
2016) a must.
- Knowledge of MacOS (10.13+) preferred.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems)
and data backup/recovery.
- Experience with ServiceNow as a technical user (change
management, issue management, etc) Demonstrated ability in
providing systems administration, server troubleshooting to a
community with diverse computing needs.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements, keeping
team and management informed.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Understand common network protocols like DHCP, DNS, SMTP,
Warm Regards,Arun SharmaSr. Technical RecruiterT:+1 , Ext
Keywords: Mastech Digital, Somerville , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!