Security Field Service Manager
Company: Securitas Security Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Manages a shift and/or segment of guarding
operations at multiple sites at the direction of line management.
Supervises Field Supervisors and other security personnel. Performs
inspections and ensures that post orders are being followed.
Coaches and trains personnel. Carries out administrative procedures
in support of Branch operations.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Primary job function is the
management of a segment of an office's guarding operations. This
job description applies only to salaried positions performing
essential functions of the nature described, with the authority to
make independent choices, free from immediate supervision, in
significant matters that affect the business, or to carry out tasks
that are directly and closely related to such work, no less than
50% of the time. If a position performs such work less than 50% of
the time, and/or performs routine duties that are also performed by
subordinates more than 40% of the time, it should be classified as:
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required
to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company
policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety
rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors
upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
1. Manages a shift and/or segment of guarding operations at
multiple sites, including supervision of subordinate officers and
supervisory staff; ensures that personnel deliver high quality
2. Ensures that service expectations are being met through regular
contact with clients; evaluates service quality, inspects posts and
initiates corrective action in a timely manner as necessary.
3. Meets with line management and/or client representatives for
status updates and to address any actual or potential problems;
provides support during client start-ups; provides input to
security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews post orders and
communicates requirements and changes to affected personnel.
4. Participates in and coordinates with line management regarding
the orientation, training, development and retention of high
caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with
dignity and respect; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary
actions, as necessary.
5. Maintains and submits payroll records and other employee and
business information; reviews client and company reports for
accuracy and timeliness.
6. Maintains a positive, professional environment in full
compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and
procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply
with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
7. Communicates and coordinates with line management regarding
scheduling, staffing, equipment, record keeping, and related
matters, to ensure smooth delivery of services; makes scheduling
and staffing adjustments as needed to meet client requirements
while controlling labor costs; reviews reports to ensure that
commitments have been met and client directions have been
8. Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists line
management in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources,
and administrative issues.
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as
required for assigned office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Education/Experience: Associate's Degree and 1 year of experience
in security operations, or an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the
job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience
can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one
calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
* Understanding of security operations.
* Knowledge of supervisory practices.
* Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
* Oral and written communications skills.
* Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively at various social levels and across diverse
* Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, clients, staff
and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential
* Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping,
kneeling, crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally
up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Keywords: Securitas Security Services, Somerville , Security Field Service Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!