Software & Data Licensing Analyst, Remote
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 10, 2022
In Procurement at Liberty Mutual, we combine customer
centricity, domain expertise and technical skill to enable our
stakeholders to achieve optimal value from our supplier
relationships. You'll join a team of engaged team members seeking
to think creatively, dig in to identify opportunities and solve
problems and execute to deliver that value. As a Software & Data
Licensing Analyst you'll: Work closely with Category & Contract
Managers, Software Asset Management and stakeholders across the
organization to put software solutions in the hands of every user
while optimizing value and costs associated with software and data
licensing. Support Category and Contract Managers with respect to
entitlement data, information required for negotiations, and/or
contract management including ensuring information is updated in
the contract database. Apply your licensing expertise to provide
guidance for compliance and optimization purposes. Analyze
licensing options and present to stakeholders. Manage renewals
within your portfolio to ensure timely renewal. Work with suppliers
to craft renewal options and secure quotes. You may also negotiate
some commercial terms. Develop and maintain relationships with
assigned key suppliers to sustain thorough knowledge of current
activity, product roadmaps and potential opportunities. Keep
abreast of the market landscape. Document and manage software
entitlement information in the entitlements management systems to
support optimal license management. Partner with the SAM team to
complete reconciliations and true-ups. Partner with Finance to
conduct financial modeling, validate and track spend in support of
budgeting and forecasting for all in force technology contracts
assigned. Work under limited direction from manager on more complex
tasks and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Perform research, analyzes information, presents findings, and
recommends changes and/or takes actions based on various factors
(e.g., data insights, regulatory changes, feedback from quality
assurance reviews, market information, etc.) to solve problems and
improve business outcomes.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and
insights using descriptive analytics.
- Often uses data visualization tools to further business
- Builds the business case for making a change to current
practices, programs or procedures.
- Conducts current state assessment, opportunity assessment,
cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc.
- Develops, updates, and analyzes metrics used to determine
operational performance, staffing needs, productivity, or other
measures deemed valuable to an organization.
- Owns report development for reports/dashboards considered
complex in nature.
- Develops, modifies, and distributes standard and ad hoc
reports/dashboards to better understand the overall business and/or
- Develops presentations and shares findings as well as
- Receives, evaluates and responds to data-related inquiries by
applying knowledge of data and business operations and obtaining
information from various sources.
- Expertise with software and data use rights, terms and and
conditions, license metrics and counting rules, virtualization and
cloud concepts, and interpretation of Software/SaaS, Data,
Hardware, and Network/Telecom license types.
- Experience with software entitlement management and procurement
- Experience in data and analytics technologies as well as
insurance and market data is a plus
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, critical
thinking, influencing, relationship management, and presentation
- Strong business operations knowledge to include understanding
the function's value chain and market conditions.
- Analytical and modelling skills, familiarity with tools such as
Excel and PowerBI.
- Solid ability to support change and impart value within an
- Solid project management skills as part of implementing
business process changes.
- Strong knowledge of available data sources, strengths and
- Superior customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in addition to 5+
years of relevant experience to include business analysis work. At
Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and
confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment
focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll
discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim
to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on
IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years
running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best
Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New
Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Software & Data Licensing Analyst, Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!