Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 11, 2022
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: We
value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity
employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic
information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local
law. We have multiple roles to fill from Associate level to
Principal Software Engineer to join our established Ratepaks squad
in GRM U.S. Business Lines within the $Train. If selected, you will
have the opportunity to leverage your skills with cloud-based
technology to build innovative tools, solutions or products needed
by our applications and our customers. As a member of the BL
Pricing team you will be responsible for coding rules, services and
logic to support our various rating programs and models that
control the premium we charge our customers in the Business Lines
space. This logic is fundamental and core to every major initiative
we will undertake including profitability, growth and speed to
market. In this role you will:
- Experience driving platform modernization initiatives, cloud
deployment and technologies such as: AWS, Docker, Python, Java,
- Collaborate closely with a team of developers and solutions
engineer to deliver complex software solutions, where application
performance is critical
- Work in an agile environment with business stakeholders,
product owners, and other software engineers to review and refine
stories, and execute on them using excellent engineering
- Drive full cycle end to end development from design through
- Be a champion for excellent engineering practices, including
methodologies like TDD, pair programming etc.
- Establish, maintain and update consistent protocols and
security access to sensitive data Work with Scrum Master, Product
Owner and peers to iteratively create software that meets business
and technical requirements
- Analyze defects, and design and implement effective
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Drive a culture of innovation and learning while modeling the
Liberty Mutual core behaviors and values
- Facilitate cross team learnings, communication and
- Mentor and coach team members to grow their skillsets and
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business
discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters,
Developers, Test Engineers).
- Knowledge CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and
- Strong enterprise-level software development experience in API
development using Java or Python
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance,
data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles,
design patterns, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS, Spring, DNA, Mongo/DocumentDB, Kafka,
Lambda, S3, RESTful services, Event-driven architectures, OAuth2,
Docker, Apigee, Kubernetes.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Software/Principal Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!