Remote Software/Senior Engineer
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 13, 2022
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: We
value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity
employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic
information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local
law. At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our
business, it's what drives us forward. Join our tech team and
you'll get opportunities to work on complex problems using emerging
technologies. Our culture of evolution and innovation leads to
projects that can positively impact lives. And we want you to be
involved in creating, implementing and updating our solutions. As
part of our team, you'll be working at a Fortune 100 company that's
one of the fastest growing in the insurance industry. About the
As an Engineer, you will provide leadership in the development of
applications for the LM.COM and SAFECO.COM brands. As a member of
an Agile squad, you will deliver key technology solutions in direct
alignment with business strategies. This work will involve the
modernization of systems and movement to cloud technologies with a
focus on strong engineering practices, innovation and leading the
company in technical outcomes. You will be responsible for work in
all stages of the development lifecycle, from reviewing business
requirements, to design, to construction and test, to deployment.
The industry changes quickly, so we are looking for you to respond
to change, pick up new technologies and adapt to changing
requirements. We also want you to take pride in your work and have
strong design and development expertise. We value quality code
delivery and expect you to demonstrate competence at writing,
testing and debugging. You will also assist in maturing our agile
development processes, enhancing technical quality and excellence,
and progressing CI/CD transformation. *Please note the job level
will be based on experience. What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating closely with a team of software engineers to
deliver complex software solutions.
- Working in an agile environment with business stakeholders,
product owner, solutions engineer and other software engineers to
review and refine stories and execute on them using excellent
- Using your technical knowledge to analyze technical system
problems and design and implement effective solutions.
- Hands-on development and problem resolution, writing clean,
maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Embracing and modeling engineering excellence and best
- Contributing to the development and growth of the team.
- Being curious and innovating using new tools and
- Providing periodic production deployments and support.
- Dotcom application and API software development, design and
- Partnering with UI/UX to build the interface with focus on
usability features, creating compelling mobile device specific user
interfaces and experiences.
- Optimizing performance for the applications & web.
- Understanding SEO and page ranking.
- Remaining up to date on the latest industry trends in the
mobile and digital technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, preferably
Computer Science, Math, or Software Development.
- 2-8+ years of software engineering experience including but not
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (problem solving,
object-oriented design, functional programming, etc.).
- Solid Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS) & architecture
patterns (serverless, microservice, API etc.,).
- Experience with Test frameworks like Jest, React testing
library, Test Cafe as well as Behavior and/or Test-Driven
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques, Bitbucket, Jenkins,
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance,
complexity analysis, object-oriented programming, design patterns,
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building
- Openness and adaptability to fast-moving circumstances
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies
and technical standards, security, and privacy policies.
- Extensive knowledge of agile software development concepts and
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics,
and incremental delivery.
- Strong collaboration, team first mentality, prioritization, and
adaptability skills required.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Remote Software/Senior Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!