Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on: August 3, 2022
AgZen's mission is to eliminate pesticide waste and pollution.
Our patented sprayers and additives, developed at MIT, allow
farmers to spray up to 50% less pesticides while maintaining crop
health and yield. We are a vibrant startup based in Boston,
Massachusetts, and we are on a mission to help farmers save money
and prevent the over-spraying of agrochemicals. AgZen is
venture-backed and has won prizes and awards from prestigious
competitions like the MIT 100K and the Rice business plan
We are looking for a sharp, tenacious, and creative Embedded
Software Engineer to help develop embedded software and systems for
AgZen's computer vision-based agricultural products. This position
is at the intersection of agrochemical spraying, computer vision,
and hardware. You will own and contribute to developing our sensing
platform and interact heavily with our world-class engineering team
to build technologies that can help make spraying more
What you will do:
- Develop, enhance, and debug new and existing software, kernels,
and drivers to support our computer vision and spray
- Develop and work on low-level real-time components of our
- Supervise embedded software & systems development from
prototyping to deployment and implement design standard
methodologies and practices.
- Collaborate with our entire engineering team to build the next
generation in spray technology.
- Work with software and electrical engineers to transition
processing from desktop/server class machines to real-time embedded
- You care about food production and the environment and are
genuinely curious and innovative.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive, productive, and complete tasks
- You excel in a fast-paced, team-centric environment that is
transparent and accountable.
- You are a strong communicator and take ownership of your
- You enjoy building new technologies that integrate different
fields to solve complex problems.
- A BS or MS in computer engineering, electrical engineering,
robotics, or related field.
- 4+ years experience in embedded software, 2+ years in real-time
software and OS development.
- Practical experience with cameras, camera sensors, and
interfaces (e.g., MIPI CCSI-2).
- High proficiency in C and C++.
- Comfortable with debugging hardware with any test equipment
- Experience with standard communication buses and network
- Comfortable with developing, simulating, tuning, and optimizing
controls for sensor fusion, state space systems, PID, actuators,
- Prior experience in Linux environments and expertise in
development on ARM.
- Familiar with Python and Bash scripting.
- You have a basic grasp of optics, illumination, and
photography. -Contact: Vishnu Jayaprakash, CEO and Co-founder.
Keywords: AgZen, Somerville , Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!