Senior Systems Engineer
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 5, 2021
About Us: As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham
is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and
service to the community by leading innovation across our system.
Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General
Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of
care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care
organization, a physician network, community health centers, home
care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals
are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system
is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
Collaboration. General Summary/Overview Statement Partners
Healthcare Systems' (PHS) Enterprise Research Infrastructure and
Services (ERIS-- http://rc.partners.org ) is immediately seeking a
Senior SysOps Engineer with experience in Linux, Docker,
Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Cloud computing and leveraging REST
APIs for automation.--You will be a key member of the team and will
have a broad range of DevOps responsibilities. The role is
responsible for managing and maintaining Linux VMs ecosystem,
integrating technologies as needed, and automating the most
critical operational procedures for the Enterprise Data and
Analytics ecosystem. The role is challenging and varied, requiring
modern IT Ops, security, and automation skills. Using your
knowledge, you will develop and maintain the infrastructure needed
to support research. In the course of expanding and improving the
service capability, you will select and deploy new technologies and
create how-to guides for the internal team and end users.
Candidates are not expected to be deeply knowledgeable in all areas
but must demonstrate the ability and desire to learn and to support
a large and diverse environment. Ideal candidates thrive on variety
and innovation in their daily work, on interaction with customers
who are world-renowned leaders in their scientific field, and on
working with a wide range of technologies in an academic
environment. ERIS enables and provides technology and solutions to
the highly successful and innovative research and clinical programs
of the top teaching hospitals in the world--Massachusetts General
(MGH #1 healthcare research organization ), Brigham and Women's
(BWH #2), McLean (# 23) and Spaulding Rehabilitation (#24).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploying and maintaining company systems to ensure the
availability, performance, scalability and security of our service
- Develop and promote automation methodologies to drive
continuous delivery and integration.
- Implement version control systems and CI/CD pipelines for
Infrastructure as Code and other applications to guarantee as solid
change control mechanism across the entire stack.
- Leveraging--prior programming--knowledge to automate frequent
user requests and provisioning processes using APIs
- Implement monitoring solutions for infrastructure (servers and
containers) and applications, to ensure health, performance and
availability of all services.
- Design, implement and maintain modern, and easy-to-scale log
aggregation solutions with auto-discover capabilities to monitor
and troubleshoot infrastructure and application issues.
- Analyze the result of servers, containers and applications
monitoring and implement changes to improve performance and
- Implement and maintain backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
to guarantee service continuity.
- Suggest cybersecurity solutions and process improvements to
help minimize the risks to computer network defense threats.
- Analyze and resolve customer and technical problems.
- Develop, publish and maintain knowledgebase articles and
documentation on systems features, best practices and usage
how-to's as well as training and reference materials for the
community using the ERIS wiki and knowledge management tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by the situation
- BA/BS/engineering degree required or equivalent combination of
skills/experience. Advanced degree in engineering or related
scientific discipline preferred.
- +8 years of experience in managing/administering Linux server
- +2 years of experience with administration, support, and
maintenance of VMware, vSphere, vCenter and ESXI servers
- +2 years of experience with automation and configuration
management using Ansible, Chef, Puppet and GIT
- +1 years of experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus,
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted
for requirements. Skills/Abilities/Competencies Required
- Significant experience with Linux Systems Administration,
including Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Configuration Management experience, especially Ansible.
- Able to configure monitoring for production infrastructure and
applications, using tools like Zabbix and Prometheus.
- Log aggregation and metering solutions like ELK, Splunk,
- Proficiency in one or more administrative languages such as
Bash, Ruby, Python, PowerCLI, etc.
- Have experience with Jenkins, Travis CI or other CI/CD
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems,
Git, and code branching/merging strategies
- Some networking knowledge, e.g.
- Understanding of DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, NFS, SMB and HTTP network
- Strong verbal and written communication, ability to write clear
- High level of initiative and eagerness to learn new
- Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure architecture and managed
services for Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Container-based runtimes using Docker and container
orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with information technology security and data
privacy considerations applicable to a healthcare environment is
advantageous. Working Conditions
- Standard office environment with travel to Hospital locations
in the Boston Metro area including the data centers
- As projects and priorities dictate, flexible work and off-hours
are required including evening, night and weekend hours to cover
events, roll-outs and special projects
- Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up
to 25 pounds. Supervisory Responsibility
- No direct reports; provides guidance to less seasoned and new
staff Fiscal Responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using
Partners resources meeting project estimated time is required. Mass
General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing
diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military
service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under
law.-- Primary Location MA-Somerville-MGB Assembly Row Work
Locations MGB Assembly Row Job Systems/Network Administration
Organization Mass General Brigham(PHS) Schedule Full-time Standard
Hours 40 Shift Day Job Employee Status Regular
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Somerville , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!