Coordinator, Patient Accounts
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Description - Coordinator, Patient Accounts (3146447)
Coordinator, Patient Accounts - ( 3146447 ) About Us
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed
to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the
community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital,
Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including
community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a
physician network, community health centers, home care and other
health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching
affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national
leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
Collaboration. General Overview The Coordinator functions under the
general supervision of the Unit Manager and supervisor. This person
is in charge of Workers Comp/ MVA follow-up and oversees billing
for each line of business. In addition, he/she controls,
coordinates, and organizes work flow for follow up and credits to
ensure prompt resolution of accounts with adequate follow up and
documentation. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates department workflow and projects as relates to
- Coordinates the timely billing and/or collection of all Workers
Comp/ MVA primary and secondary claims through the use of multiple
resources including Huron TRAC, STAT, Quic, FISS, CWF, X-Claim,
NEHEN and EPIC as well as multiple hospital legacy systems.
- Oversees Workers Comp/ MVA and follow up for inpatient and
- Assists in training and education of staff.
- Assists in the preparation of a variety of reports by
collecting and summarizing data.
- Assists management in the handling of issues requiring referral
to higher levels of knowledge.
- Maintain a current knowledge of all pertinent Workers Comp/ MVA
billing regulations to ensure compliant billing and follow-up.
- Assist with the QR process as defined by Huron Revenue
- Ability to meet established goals for quality and productivity
as established by Huron guidelines.
- Review Follow-up WIP daily/weekly to ensure goals are met.
- Performs other duties, tasks, or projects as assigned.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a hospital or medical
- Knowledge of Workers Comp/ MVA rules and regulations.
- Computer skill must include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively
with fellow department employees, hospital staff, physicians,
department heads, and patients.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exemplary record and references Primary Location
MA-Somerville-MGB Assembly Row Work Locations MGB Assembly Row Job
Organization Mass General Brigham(PHS) Schedule Full-time Standard
Hours 40 Shift Day Job Employee Status Regular Recruiting
Department PHS Central Billing Office
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Somerville , Coordinator, Patient Accounts, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!