In-Home Family Therapist
Company: The Home for Little Wanderers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We know that the best place for children to thrive and grow is
in a stable home with their families. Often, youth and their
families need additional supports to make home a safe place for a
child that is struggling with their mental and behavioral health.
Safe at Home is a team of therapists who work intensively with a
child and his or her family in their home for a period of 3 weeks
or 3 months.
The Home for Little Wanderers' Safe at Home program in
Somerville/Cambridge provides In-Home Therapy and Therapeutic
Mentoring services to the Greater Boston area. Comprised of
master's level clinicians and bachelor's level therapeutic training
and support staff, In-Home Therapy teams provide intensive family
therapy services, working to keep children and their families
together in the community. Working from a variety of therapeutic
modalities, Safe at Home emphasizes a family systems approach that
works with every member of the family to help meet therapeutic
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with working with
children and families. Candidates should also possess strong verbal
and written communication skills, superior time management skills,
and be able to work both independently and on a team.
NOTE: Because of the worldwide impact of the COVID-19 pandemic,
our clinicians have temporarily moved to a mostly telehealth-based
model to help increase the safety of both our staff and the
families we serve.
How You Will Be Making a Difference
- Provide age-appropriate, culturally sensitive In Home Therapy
services for clients and families.
- Provide intensive family therapy.
- Act as a liaison with collateral agencies and programs.
- Identify and utilize community resources that support
children's and family's growth.
- Act as an advocate for families and help parents to build
advocacy skills for themselves and their children.
- Act as part of CBHI wrap-around service model.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy,
Mental Health Counseling or related field.
- Previous experience working with children and families in a
therapeutic capacity highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Licensed and insured driver with reliable and consistent access
to a car.
- Evening availability required.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office with the ability
to learn new software applications.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Haitian Creole encouraged to
What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives
of the youth of Massachusetts, The Home for Little Wanderers offers
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package
- Extensive training to new staff
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development opportunities
Keywords: The Home for Little Wanderers, Somerville , In-Home Family Therapist, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!