Mechanical Engineering Manager
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join
Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D
printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher,
and artist in the world.
Our 3D printers are mechanical engineering marvels that are
challenging and exciting to develop. The mechanics are precise and
full of clever mechanisms that drive tightly integrated systems.
The designs need to be produced in high volumes while being built
with beautiful aesthetics at an accessible price. Our mechanical
engineers work on the entire life cycle of the products they create
- from the first whiteboard sketch to the final ECO for their
completed assemblies. We work quickly to prototype, test, and
iterate, while collaborating closely with dozens of other
engineers, spanning multiple disciplines across the company.
If you're looking to lead and develop our rapidly growing team
of talented mechanical engineers as we create next-generation
digital fabrication technology, then we want you as our Manager of
- An expert mechanical engineer with strong domain knowledge and
- Taken electro-mechanical products through the product life
cycle from concept to production
- Able to communicate fluidly across technical domains
- Developed complex technologies from early stages through
- Previous experience managing a team of engineers
- Ready to lead in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Be an effective people manager who provides technical guidance,
evaluation, and facilitates career growth
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate work phases to hit
schedules and make the engineering team efficient
- Hire and build the mechanical engineering functional group at
- Responsible for delivering quality mechanical engineering work
to many products
- Interface with other functional leaders for product
- Determine project resource requirements, including schedule,
staffing, budget, workspace, etc.
- Influence product strategy
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself
contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community
that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs
employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and
will be processed accordingly.
Keywords: Formlabs, Somerville , Mechanical Engineering Manager, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!