Corporate Finance Trainee
Company: Triumvirate Environmental
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Corporate Finance Trainee
Looking to start your corporate accounting or finance career?
Triumvirate Environmental is seeking an intelligent, motivated,
self-starter to assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer
(CFO) on special finance projects. In this role, you will complete
rotations and projects in each finance department (Accounts
Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, and General Ledger Accounting)
in order obtain a well-rounded, high-level view of how the
organization operates. The goal of this position is to prepare you
for a Triumvirate management position within finance long-term.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist the CFO and Controller with special business projects
pertaining to many facets of the organization
- Complete rotations in each Finance Department:
- Accounts Payable
- Review vendor invoices, code to the general ledger, and secure
- Process invoices (PO and non-PO) in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and internal clients
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Accounts Receivable
- Collect outstanding balances from Triumvirate clients
- Build relationships with client companies to collect
- Monitor Accounts Receivable to identify past due accounts and
- Review customer credit applications to determine credit
- Assist in the reporting of credit and collection metrics to
- General Ledger Accounting
- Complete reconciliation and variance analysis of P&L and
- Support Flux Analysis process
- Ensure monthly WIP analysis and entry is complete
- Prepare and file sales & use tax returns in multiple
- Perform monthly financial reviews of multiple service areas to
ensure accuracy and completeness of financial results
- Maintain general ledger, prepare and input monthly journal
entries, review, and explain variances from budget and
- Ensure compliance with revenue recognition
- Prepare and file multiple State Sales and Use tax returns with
the potential of expanding across all 50 States as well as Canada
- Process and ensure all tax payments are made timely and
accurately. Maintain all Sales and Use tax rates across all states
- Research and interpret tax compliance issues.
- Anticipate needs and be one step ahead at all times
- Build and maintain positive relationships and rapport with
internal employees and external associates
- Recent college graduate with a Bachelors' degree in Business,
Accounting, or Finance
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up
- Enjoys working on multiple projects simultaneously, able to
work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Team player with the ability to interface with all levels of
management within and outside the company
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Strong and well-advanced administrative support skills
- Valid Driver's License
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental
services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading
institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare,
and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist
them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW
both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters
growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits
package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
To apply for this position, please click on or copy and paste
the following link into your internet browser: http://www.triumvirate.com/career-center
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged
to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a
Safety is a priority here at Triumvirate Environmental. To learn
more about emergency response preparedness, click here to read our
Keywords: Triumvirate Environmental, Somerville , Corporate Finance Trainee, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!