Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 11, 2021
The Estimator thoroughly reviews plans and specifications. They
use a combination of solicited subcontractor pricing and/or
historical data and prepare client proposals by the predetermined
bid deadline. The Estimator must complete due diligence to reduce
risk, define the bid using all information provided in the bid
package and base the bid on solid data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly reviews plans and specifications in accordance with
- Schedule and attend subcontractor walk through when
- Determine what trades are required to complete the scope
outlined and solicits qualified subcontractor and vendor pricing
through bid software (Building Connected).
- Submit RFIs required to clarify scope.
- Prepare detailed scopes of work to qualify subcontractor
- Ensure proper coverage from subcontractors through consistent
follow up and outreach.
- Level all proposals on internal bid proposal.
- Schedule and review bid proposal with Project Executive 2-3
days prior to due date.
- Submit final proposal to Senior Management for review of
general conditions, schedule, fee, etc. prior to due date.
- Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Prepare final bid package to include any RFP requirements
including project team, references, past project history, etc.
- Submit 100% of proposals by the bid deadline.
- Consistently follow up on submitted proposals with Client,
Architect and/or Construction Manager.
- Notify Subcontractors through bid software (Building Connected)
of projects not awarded to the company.
- Schedule hand-off meeting with Project Team on awarded
- Review plans, specifications, proposals and notes with Project
Team. Make recommendations on awards and highlight areas of
- Remain available to Project Team throughout project for follow
up questions, pricing of large change orders, finding additional
coverage if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction
management, or comparable degree is preferred. Previous experience
of 5-7 years in related field would be considered in lieu of
- Must have training in construction safety and knowledge of OSHA
- Proven strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Accuracy, communication and time management skills are
- Strong organizational skills are required to meet stringent
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and
- Ability to define scope, obtain pricing and develop a
- Proficient computer skills: Blue Beam, Building Connected or
similar bid software, Microsoft Product Suite.
- Knowledge of materials and best practices used in
- Must have extensive experience reading blueprints and
understanding technical specifications
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Somerville , Estimator, Other , Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!