Whole Foods Team Member
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Whole Foods Market is currently offering extra pay incentives:
We're offering hourly store and facility Team Members a one-time
bonus for hours worked between 10/4/21 and 1/2/22.* Team Members
will receive a bonus equivalent to $2 per hour worked and Team
Leaders will receive a bonus equivalent to $3 per hour worked. Team
Members and Team Leaders will also be eligible to receive enhanced
overtime pay of 2x their standard hourly rate through the end of
*You must remain employed by Whole Foods Market on Jan. 2, 2022 to
receive the bonus payout.
Whole Foods Market is looking for friendly, customer-focused Team
Members to join our Team in River Street (Cambridge, MA.) We are
currently hiring for a variety of roles with different schedules
and FT/PT/Seasonal status available, depending on the role. Our
starting wage is at least $15/hr. We post our schedules 3 weeks in
Here is a list of our Team Departments and the kinds of Team Member
roles you might see posted:
• Prepared Foods: Cook (Prep, Pizza), Team Member (Deli Counter,
Sandwich Maker, Hot Food/Salad Bar Runner), Dishwasher
• Bakery: Baker, Cake Decorator, Team Member (Counter service,
• Customer Service/Store Support: Cashier, Cashier Assistant
(Bagging, Carts), Shopper
• Grocery: Team Member (Stocking frozen, dairy, bulk items) – Day
and Overnight shifts
• Whole Body: Team Member (Stocking vitamins, supplements, body
care, clothing, gifts)
• Meat: Team Member (Counter service, Oven ready prep), Meat
• Seafood: Team Member (Counter service, Oven ready prep)
• Specialty (Beer/Wine/Cheese): Team Member (Pub Service, Cheese
• Produce/Floral: Team Member (Stocking, Floral Arrangement),
Production (Fruit Cutting)
Apply today and check your email for next steps!
Whole Foods Market Team Members perform all functions related to
answering customer questions, assisting customers in finding
products, and providing excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- No prior retail experience is required for entry level
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing),
32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
The purpose of this document is to provide a general
summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not
meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job
duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as
one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required
at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to
the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and
other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on
business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or
needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate
successful performance in their current position before being
considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a
higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist
and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for
the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as
obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current
position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role
do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal
employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Somerville , Whole Foods Team Member, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!