Application Coordinator Physician Gateway
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: January 11, 2022
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed
to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the
community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital,
Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including
community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a
physician network, community health centers, home care and other
health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching
affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national
leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
General Summary/Overview Statement
The Application Coordinator reports directly to an Program
Director. S/he is part of a team dedicated to design,
configuration, build, testing, implementation, support, and
maintenance of assigned applications. Primary Applications is
Epicare Link/Physician Gateway. Additional applications/functions
may include Identity and HIM.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides certified Epic build expertise and experience for
successful product implementation and support
- Provides certified Epic design expertise to analyze
organization's current business practices and translate them into
configurations and workflows
- Provides excellent customer service to users of the system,
including analyzing, tracking and resolving reportable
- Recognizes, communicates, and escalates concerns relevant to
critical path and/or timeline in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains models of business and system
requirements and configures system accordingly
- Develops subject matter expertise and maintains models and
documentation of business and system requirements and configures
- Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system
- Creates and maintains all required system design and build
- Attends team meetings to discuss team and project related
activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
- Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and
performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks
- Post live implementation activities and production
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors Degree in Business, IT, Healthcare, or related
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, including experience
with healthcare information systems.
- Candidates, external or internal, may substitute the 5 years of
experience with 4 years direct experience in the specific
application(s) that is the focus of this position, in a function on
a similar track to this position.
Internal candidates (Partners HealthCare employees) may substitute
the 5 years of experience with 3 years of direct experience in the
specific application that is the focus of the position and in good
- Solid understanding of clinical workflows
- Must have experience in developing and integrating business
- Epic Certification strongly desired or must obtain Epic
Certification as outlined by program requirements.
- Strong work ethic and values teamwork and
- Performs well in a face paced environment managing several high
priority initiatives and demands
- Fast learner who can easily apply workflow changes to the
design of information systems.
- Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability
to apply them.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and
informal including departmental and clinical user meetings. Can
lead and facilitate small-medium working sessions with all levels
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others
of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external
to the organization
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate and understand new software
releases and succeed in a changing environment
- Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness,
quality, and compliance with established project
- Ability to document and communicate the status of progress
against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Remote work, with some local travel between Mass General
- On call coverage
- Some travel for training
- No staff; provides guidance to less seasoned and new staff.
Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Partners
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Somerville , Application Coordinator Physician Gateway, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!