Executive Assistant/ Project Coordinator
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: May 6, 2022
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed
to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the
community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital,
Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care
including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care
organization, a physician network, community health centers, home
care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals
are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system
is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
General Summary/ Overview:
At Mass General Brigham Digital, we pride ourselves on our ability
to create maximum strategic, clinical, and operational value from
established and emergent technologies for our patients, care teams,
researchers, and employees. Digital health will not only enhance
the equity and efficiency of healthcare delivery, but it will also
help make medicine more personalized and precise.
We recognize that increasing value and continually improving
quality while maintaining an inclusive focus are essential to
organizational excellence, and we invite you to join us on this
journey. The work we do in Digital is a strategic imperative, and
there is a strong and growing understanding of how together we will
transform Mass General Brigham in innovative and impactful
Reporting to the VP of Digital Transformation/CMIO, the Executive
Assistant will provide administrative support for both the VP of
Digital Transformation and the Program Director of Digital
Transformation, as well as some project coordination and oversight
for strategic projects activities.
The Executive Assistant will also have a relationship with the
Administrative Manager, who will be assigning tasks to them. The
Executive Assistant will also partner with senior leadership
assistants and individuals at all levels to ensure the efficient
and effective delivery of day-to-day operations and strategic
projects within Digital and the ongoing oversight, coordination of
internal special project deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Administrative Support - 70%
* Provide complex calendar management including the planning and
timely notification of meetings and appointments. Use independent
judgment in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to
meetings. Collaborate with administrative staff across the system
to book hard-to-schedule meetings with other execs and leaders.
* Support Leadership with ensuring meetings scheduled meet
negotiated deadlines, ensure adequate travel time in schedules when
needed, communicate schedule changes in a timely manner and
proactively identify calendar conflicts and work with fellow
assistants to resolve.
* Make travel arrangements; prepare expense reports and process
* Ensure meeting participants have accurate meeting logistics
(location, directions, etc.)
* Arrange for conference room and technical support (i.e.:
projector, teleconferencing services) and prepare materials
(agendas and powerpoint decks) as necessary.
* Assist in the preparation for new employee arrivals, including
cube preparation, Ids, security, computer equipment ordering;
manages scheduling for new hire orientation program
* Assist as requested in the creation and dissemination of
communications to the department staff
* Assist with correspondence, filing, telephone coverage, routing
routine mail and other administrative activities as assigned
* Assistas with managing timekeeping of PTO schedules to the
departmental Timekeeper and trained as backup.
* Other ad hoc administrative duties and projects as assigned,
including requests from the Administrative Manager
Project Coordination and Support Responsibilities - 30%
* Understand the multi-phase implementation of eCare and the
related project life cycle activities.
* Coordinate with the MGB Digital, Clinical and Administrative
eCare Program Management Office, Delivery Teams and others as
needed to meet program level administrative requirements.
* Manage new and ongoing governance committees membership lists
* Coordinate and prepare meeting agendas, gather content, edit
presentation decks, and track action items requiring follow-up on
behalf of the VP and Program Director of Digital
* B.A. or Associates degree preferred
* Experience in planning and supporting large-scale meetings,
facilitation and presentation is required
* Experience in relationship management at the Sr. Management level
* Experience within a healthcare environment preferred
* Communications experience preferred
* Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Teams.
* Experience with project management and complex scheduling
* Demonstrates team oriented, collaborative nature and customer
* Professional demeanor; can interact effectively with all levels
of staff and leadership as well as outside partners and guests.
* Ability to work independently exercising good judgment, diplomacy
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while
working under pressure.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
* Takes initiative and leads projects.
* Flexible, resourceful, and resilient. Adapts quickly and happily
to changing conditions, uses resources and relationships to develop
* Highly motivated, team focused, and results oriented
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* This position requires occasional local travel to MGB sites,
vendors, and/or conferences
* Hospital work environment working conditions include possible
exposure to diseases or infections and may require safety gear
(PPE) such as gloves and mask.
* Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work
environment is quiet to moderate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger;
handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Somerville , Executive Assistant/ Project Coordinator, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!