Actuary - Property Pricing - Remote
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 11, 2022
The NA Property Design & Analysis team is looking for a Senior
Technical Professional to advance the pricing of large Property &
Marine business. In this role you will support the business group's
profit, growth, and operational objectives by performing advanced
actuarial analyses related to a variety of Single Carrier, Shared &
layered and Marine projects. Scope of responsibilities will include
but are not limited to CAT and Reinsurance pricing analysis and
driving predictive model updates. Identifying opportunities to
align and drive consistency of pricing methodology and approach
across segments will be an initial focus, and ownership of
overarching concepts & coordination with partners on rate change
and trend will be critical. This position will help drive the
strategic vision of Property pricing through partnerships with a
variety of internal customers, including product, Corporate ERM,
and system groups. Role requires a highly organized, self-motivated
individual with strong technical as well as verbal and written
communication skills. The candidate must also have superior
problem-solving skills and experience managing moderate complexity
projects. Experience in large commercial property and proficiency
in one programming language (SAS, SQL, or R) preferred.
- Build expert knowledge of Property pricing models including
in-depth understanding of predictive model concepts and
- Proactively identify and address emerging trends, including new
CAT peril pricing in partnership with Corporate ERM. Review of
technical inputs, reasonability of results and impacts to
- Strong collaboration with broader GRS/NA Property Board
priorities and initiatives, focusing on driving top projects
- Support pricing requirements for new or unique products,
including Marine and EB Lines.
- Ownership of overarching concepts across Property segments,
such as rate change.
- Engage regularly with partner groups & peers to influence
pricing and cross-segment initiatives.
- Supports product ratemaking, underwriting and analytics
operations with data driven analytics.
- Provides consultation to senior managers and other groups on
issues such as pricing, trends and the development and use of
- Develops and revises strategic and tactical plans as necessary
to meet segment objectives and respond to environmental
- Identifies requirements for analysis, tool development,
reporting and decision making.
- Bachelor's degree required. Insurance designations
- Proficiency in one programming language, including SAS, SQL, R
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) designation
required, or comparable actuarial education/designation combined
with relevant experience.
- Typically, 0-2 years post-fellowship with overall 5-7 years of
progressively more responsible experience, including supervisory
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of actuarial
techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of
Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information
Technology, Legal, and Sales departments.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex
information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within
and outside the organization. At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to
help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's
why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust
and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles,
and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a
rewarding profession. Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as
a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past
several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places
to Work in IT" onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of
America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best
Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best
Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to
diversity and inclusion please visit: We value your hard work,
integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people
first by offering you benefits that support your life and
well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Actuary - Property Pricing - Remote, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!