Scrum Master I/ Scrum Master II - Legal Technology
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Are you a process improvement champion with the agile know-how
to coach improvements of squad delivery of meaningful business
value? Do you have a passion for facilitation, collaboration, and
innovation? If so, Legal IT wants you to join our team. The Scrum
Master will partner with the Product Owners and Engineers to
deliver high value initiatives that align with our technology
strategy and deliver meaningful value to our compliance business
partners. As a team member, the Scrum Master champions techniques
that build execution discipline and accountability. As part of
portfolio leadership, the Scrum Master excels in transparency,
continuous improvement, and trust. The Scrum Master also fosters
team norms that ensure we nourish a healthy culture inclusive to
all perspectives. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in
a highly collaborative environment that values people and technical
excellence, with a strong desire to influence our future. This
hiring manager is open to a Scrum Master I and a Scrum Master II.
About the role:
- Guides and coaches the team on how to use Agile/Scrum values
and practices to delight customers and achieve business
- Facilitates team level events using well-known facilitation
- Understands the importance of establishing trust and the need
to remain neutral when facilitating.
- Assesses the Agile/Scrum maturity of the team and helps
identify areas where coaching may be needed to foster
- Actively seeks coaching and mentoring from more experienced SMs
& coaches. Enables close cooperation and collaboration across all
roles and functions.
- Focuses on improving relationships within the team as well as
with their key stakeholders.
- Educates team about Scrum or other applicable Lean-Agile
approach to increase their understanding and help them apply it in
their specific context.
- Seeks to understand the current mindset and practices and how
that aligns or deviates from the desired change.
- Coaches individuals and the team on mindset and behavior with
an emphasis on helping them understand "why" agile works, not just
"how" it works.
- Understands servant leadership and attempts to model this
behavior. Solid understanding of Agile metrics (health, value, flow
and quality) to help the team continually improve.
- Stays current with Agility industry trends & explores other
perspectives by reading blogs, consuming external media, & actively
participating in internal/external Scrum/Agile events.
- Bachelor`s degree in a relevant field (business, computer
science, humanities, etc.) and a minimum of 4 years related
- Certification not required.
- Knowledge/training equivalent to beginner/1st level
certification from a reputable Lean-Agile organization (PSK I, PSM
I, CSM, etc.) a plus.
- Preferably 1 to 3 years of experience as a member of an Agile
team, or related experience.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies,
architectures and technical standards.
- Strong problem solver with ability to work with a team to
maximize progress, potential and overall effectiveness.
- A lifetime learner who is dedicated to relentless improvement
of themselves and their teams, eager to face challenges in service
of them.We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping
them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the
customer at the center of everything we do is driving a
transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech
startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital
disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Scrum Master I/ Scrum Master II - Legal Technology, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!