Principal Scientist - Cement Materials
Company: Sublime Systems
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionApply here: Sublime Systems - Principal Scientist
– Cement Materials (lever.co)Background & OverviewSublime Systems'
mission is to have a swift and massive impact on reducing global
CO2 emissions by decarbonizing cement, the key ingredient in
concrete. Founded in 2020, Sublime Systems has taken on the
challenge of transforming the cement production process. Leading
investors including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact
Partners, and Lowercarbon Capital have funded Sublime's technology,
recognizing that this paradigm shift in production has set us on
the path to deliver high performance, net-zero solutions to
concrete producers, thereby driving gigaton-scale reductions in CO2
emissions.If you are galvanized by seeking solutions to hard
problems, inspired to combat climate change, and have a "hard hat"
in your DNA, contact us today to learn more about Sublime Systems.
We are seeking extraordinary scientists, engineers, market and
business development strategists, and operations experts to propel
innovation and market transformation.Position Overview Sublime
Systems seeks a principal scientist to drive to the development of
our decarbonized cement. The principal scientist will be
responsible for setting technical priorities and research strategy,
planning and prioritizing research efforts, developing experimental
methods, analyzing data, presenting results to internal and
external stakeholders, advising other researchers, and driving our
efforts to meet aggressive technical milestones. This senior
technical leader will be a key intellectual driver of our
continuous efforts to validate and optimize the performance of our
cement. The principal scientist will work closely with the
company's leadership and will make a large impact on the technology
and business. This is an exciting opportunity to combat global
climate change by transforming how the world makes
- Conceiving and implementing innovative strategies to improve
- Prioritizing and organizing the company's research
- Developing new experimental methods and tools to validate and
optimize the performance of Sublime's cement
- Tasking R&D Technicians and advising younger
- Analyzing data and presenting results to internal and external
- Championing safety, especially in the development of
- Leading the development of Sublime's technology through deep
knowledge of cement and concrete properties and performance,
connections with industry experts, and
- Writing white papers, reports, grant applications, and patent
- Helping to develop a supportive, innovative, and dynamic
company cultureKnowledge and Skill Requirements The principal
scientist will be a senior technical leader on Sublime Systems'
team. The principal scientist will be comfortable getting hands-on
in the laboratory to develop new experimental methods and guide
R&D Technicians, but will spend the majority of their time on
research strategy, planning and prioritization, data analysis, and
intellectual leadership. Ideal candidates will be highly
innovative, independent, results-driven, ambitious, organized, and
able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- B.S. or M.S. in civil engineering, materials science, materials
chemistry, or a related field, plus 12 or more years of relevant
work experience, OR Ph.D. in civil engineering, materials science,
materials chemistry, or a related field, plus 8 or more years of
relevant work experience.
- Government or industrial research experience in cement,
concrete, admixtures, or related materials is required.
- Demonstrated success in developing innovative technologies,
materials, or products.
- Expert knowledge of cement and concrete materials chemistry,
including reaction mechanisms and material
- Ability to select, design, apply, and/or invent new tools and
techniques to measure cement and concrete's properties and
- Extensive knowledge of ASTM and ACI standards and committees
relevant to cement and concrete materials.
- Expertise in statistical methods including design of
- Experience writing patent applications is highly
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen,
distill information, consult, and suggest new approaches.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, focusing on accuracy
and quality, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Balance, perspective, and a good sense of humor.Sublime Systems
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law.Your Right to WorkIn compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: Sublime Systems, Somerville , Principal Scientist - Cement Materials, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!