Agrochemical Formulation Scientist
Posted on: June 14, 2022
AgZen's mission is to eliminate pesticide pollution. Our
patented sprayer retrofits and additives, developed at MIT, allow
farmers to spray 50% less pesticides while maintaining crop health
and yield. We are a vibrant startup based in Boston, Massachusetts,
and we are on a mission to help farmers save money and prevent the
over-spraying of agrochemicals. AgZen is venture-backed and has won
$600K in prizes and awards from prestigious competitions like the
MIT 100K and the Rice business plan competition.We are looking for
a sharp, tenacious, and creative Agrochemical Formulation Scientist
to join our team and help develop AgZen's formulation technologies.
Responsibilities will include directing and performing lab
activities for the development of new formulations, translating
them through registration, manufacturing and facilitating their
implementation in the field. The position involves working closely
with engineering, sales, marketing, EHS, and manufacturing
operations within the company to develop the best formulation
development paths. Strong communication, flexibility, teamwork, the
desire to take on different responsibilities and the ability to
translate business needs to development goals will all be essential
skills for a successful applicant. What you will do:
- Direct and perform laboratory activities for the design and
development of new AgZen formulations that help reduce agrochemical
- Aid in the development of new pesticide preparation and
application technologies by working closely with AgZen's technical
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on raw materials
- Work closely with customers and on-field teams to establish and
iterate on functional requirements, efficacy, performance,
stability and quality control of AgZen formulations.
- Help develop regulatory plans and EHS protocols for new
formulations and technologies.
- Evaluate raw materials, supply chains and new technologies as
it pertains to AgZen's formulation development.
- Evaluate and work closely with formulation manufacturers on
proper formulation and production of AgZen products.About you:
- You are passionate, genuinely curious, and innovative
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You are proactive, productive, and complete tasks promptly
- You excel in a team-centric environment that is transparent and
- You are passionate about building new technologies that
integrate different fields
- You are adaptable and excel working in a fast-paced, dynamic
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field is
required; MS or Ph.D. is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical industrial experience in
research & development is required.
- Proven ability to lead, plan and execute research and
development projects on difficult problems with cross-functional
- Demonstrated record of achievement for formulation research and
development and in-depth experience on adjuvants, crop protection
or biological products.
- Proven track record of iterative development and application of
- Strong understanding of agrochemical formulation, preparation
and application technologies. -Contact: Vishnu Jayaprakash, CEO and
Co-founder. AgZen, email@example.com
Keywords: AgZen, Somerville , Agrochemical Formulation Scientist, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!