Company: Austin Preparatory School
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Austin Preparatory SchoolCollege CounselorAcademic Year Position
The College Counselor reports to the Director of College Counseling
and is responsible for contributing to a comprehensive college
advisement program that is aligned with best practices of the
industry. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the
- Support the School and its leadership in advancing the mission
of Austin Prep and safeguarding the School's Roman Catholic
identity and Augustinian heritage.
- To assume responsibility for counseling students in grades 10
through 12 (and their parents) in regard to the entire college
selection, application and admission procedures.
- To assist in coordination of the program and calendar of all
standardized testing for students including scheduling test dates,
registering students, arranging for special "prep" sessions,
administering the tests, and providing pre- and post-test
- To assist in coordination of Advanced Placement testing in
consultation with the Director of College Counseling.
- To create and maintain a Student/Parent College Guide with
essential dates, forms, essay samples, and other relevant
information to support the college application process for
families. The guide will be updated annually.
- To assist in coordination, and facilitation of distinct college
information nights for sophomores and juniors and their parents.
- To assist in overseeing the various student award programs and
- To support the registrar in maintaining accurate permanent
records of students' testing and academic work.
- To develop and deliver the extensive summary reports on
students' progress on standardized testing to the school community,
- To support and conduct individual and group sessions in all
areas of college counseling.
- To write the school recommendation by the end of the junior
year for the rising seniors who are applying to college.
- To oversee and support the faculty writing of the requested
recommendations for students applying to college.
- To offer support in maintaining and expanding an attractive,
informative and up-to-date College Counseling Center.
- To support and oversee visits to colleges and from college
- To build strong relationships with college admissions officers
- To represent the school at relevant state and national
conferences and workshops.
- To support the school and its leadership in advancing the
mission of Austin Prep.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a school setting with
- Experience working in a college admissions setting is a
- Experience with analyzing problems, identifying alternative
solutions, projecting consequences, and making recommendations in
support of goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient level of technical knowledge (i.e. Apple, PC, MS
Office, Veracross, Naviance)Send resume and cover letter to
Keywords: Austin Preparatory School, Somerville , College Counselor, Other , Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!