Pro Paint Specialist - Reading, MA
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job DescriptionOur Ongoing Commitment to Diversity, Equity &
InclusionWe believe a workplace that encourages and values
different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds builds better
teams, better solutions, and more innovation. The goal is for every
single team member to have a voice and experience a sense of
belonging here, regardless of where they sit in the organization
and what their background is. We look forward to your sharing your
outstanding and unique talents and perspectives with us!Job
SummaryThe Pro Paint Specialist (PPS) role is to build and
establish productive relationships with new and existing
professional customers. This position works closely with the Behr
Pro team and The Home Depot (THD) leadership and associates to
achieve managed account, individual store, and market share growth
in partnership building brand awareness and increasing sales/market
penetration through training, facilitating, selling, and advising
and ensuring accurate delivery of finished goods to
contractors.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With direction from corporate and the regional VP, supports the
deployment, adoption and application of Behr's annual Strategic
Deployment Plan (SDP)
- Meet defined sales goals, metrics and objectives.
- Partner with Outside Pro Rep to assist with strategic
objectives and customer fulfillment.
- Use THD partnerships to promote pro sales growth.
- Advise and train associates and managers on products, systems,
services and how to properly engage and qualify the professional
- Manages a portfolio of professional business; applies Customer
Relationship Management systems (CRM) behaviors & tools to yield
- Create and execute productive daily call plans that fulfill and
generate sales on existing accounts and qualified leads. Log
quality information from the completed activities into Salesforce
- Prospect for new professional leads and sales throughout the
- Knowledge of our products and services to ensure product
recommendations and customer orders meet all specifications.
- Ensure paperwork and delivery documents are properly executed
in a timely manner, including handling and maintaining contractor's
files, jobs, colors, and projects.
- Awareness of product assortment and inventory levels needed to
support ongoing jobs.
- Conduct paint and/or stain color matching.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Collaborate with all appropriate departments (Sales, Marketing,
Distribution, Customer Service, etc.) to meet and exceed sales
goals and provide information as the need arises.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures and maintain a
safe and ethical work environmentMinimum Required
QualificationsEducations and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Related sales, retail and/or customer service experience and/or
training in a commercial coatings' environment is
desirable.Certificates, License, Registrations or Professional
- Must be flexible to work various shifts including weekend and
- Ability to legally work without sponsorship for employment visa
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.Skills, Knowledge,
- Proficient in interacting with all customer types and assessing
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions; read and
acknowledge completion of work orders.
- Capable of retaining and presenting the features and benefits
of company products.
- Strong selling, negotiation, problem-solving, critical
thinking, networking and relationship building skills.
- Competence to work optimally across functions to achieve
desired customer satisfaction goals.
- Experience in construction trade and/or architectural coatings
- Ability to adapt approach and style to achieve account
- Strong presentation skills, adaptable to various training
environments and the ability to demonstrate using multiple training
techniques and tools.
- Ability to work independently and excel in a team
- Proficient knowledge of MSA Office Suites and/or IOS software
applications related to job functions
- Proficient in using a computer application to run large amounts
of information, including creating and editing simple databases,
inputting data, retrieving specific records, and crafting reports
to communicate the actions needed to improve performance relative
to the goals of the system and strategyLanguage Skills
- English (speak, read, and write)
- Ability to speak the prevalent second language in certain
geographic regions may be preferred.Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Physical DemandsWhile
performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands
to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; stop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee
uses computer or telephone equipment. Ability to lift five gallon
bucket up to 75 lbs. Specific vision requirements of this job
include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by
plane and automobile. Ability to travel daily and/or overnight.Work
EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee
rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic
chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low
Full timeBEHR (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and
we want to have the best available persons in every job. The
Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the
Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment
opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment,
promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other
terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin,
ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition,
marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status,
height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying
with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.
This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations
of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and
prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the
Company.BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based
system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that
allows participating employers to electronically verify the
employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United
States. Please click on the following links for more
information.E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English & Spanish
Keywords: Behr, Somerville , Pro Paint Specialist - Reading, MA, Other , Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!