Part-Time Retail Sales Associate (20-25 hours)
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This position offers a $1,500 joining bonus!
Come join the team that is reinventing home! Wayfair is hiring for
our AllModern retail store! If you are looking for rapid growth,
constant learning and dynamic challenges, Wayfair's AllModern store
might be the future home for your career.
We at AllModern believe good design should be the standard for all,
not a luxury for the few. As the destination for every style of
modern, we're changing the landscape of modern furniture with
purposefully designed pieces made to evolve with you through moves
and milestones - all delivered fast + free. Everything we do, from
product design to delivery, is considered + easy - just the way it
- AllModern is one of the many brands of Wayfair, so as an
employee, you will receive an employee discount
- Competitive compensation including quarterly bonuses
- Gas reimbursement
What you'll do:
- As an authentic brand ambassador for the Wayfair family, lead
and create a best in class customer experience by connecting them
with the world's biggest and best home online assortment brought to
life in our stores.
- Deliver on sales and service KPIs, productivity standards,
through one on one virtual design consultations
- Guide customers through their questions on product features and
functionality, style and product coordination, and cutting
requests, including in store assortment and endless aisle
- Introduce the online assortment and mobile web and app
- Leverage your sales and brand knowledge/passion to help
navigate our customers through their design needs and purchases,
using the in store and online assortment to fulfill their
- Assist walk-ins on the sales floor and in the design studio as
- Showcase design options through the occasional use of preferred
design tools - mood boards 2D floor plans.
- Utilize design tools, CRM software and client accounts for
consistent customer experience and record keeping, as
- Ability to navigate multiple software applications, 3rd party
and proprietary tools to provide customers with recommendations for
their budget, style and space
- Ask great questions that allow you to provide a complete sales
solution for your customers.
- Demonstrate confidence in closing the sale and educating
customers on various ways to purchase including through POS,
Online, our App or through a Quote.
- Be an expert in the services offered in store and online -
credit, financing, warranty, installation and delivery, always
considering value adds to client purchases.
- Participate in all operational aspects of the store including
but not limited to: processing new products, floor sets,
replenishment, substitutions and general upkeep of the
- Exemplify a positive and professional attitude on a daily basis
with customers and your team members.
- Bring a willingness to share innovative ideas and solutions to
continuously improve team operations.
- Engage in a high energy, focused and dynamic work environment
where there can be rapid changes in products, promotions, offerings
- Grow through world class training and continuous career
At Wayfair and our family of brands, we strive to provide our
employees with a work schedule that protects their work/life
balance and takes their scheduling preferences into consideration.
Please understand due to the nature of the retail industry, your
shift schedule will vary. However, we will work to provide you with
your schedule a minimum of 2 weeks in advance, and you will have
the opportunity to trade with teammates as needed.
Our store hours are Monday-Saturday 10:00AM - 9:00PM, and Sundays
11:00AM - 7:00PM. Employee shifts may include an hour before or
after store hours.
- 2+ years of sales experience (preferably in a design related
environment). Interior design, Art, Architecture, Fashion
Merchandising experience a plus
- Passion for great customer service and a drive to exceed sales
- Strong organization, self-motivation, communication and
relationship management skills.
- Track record of thriving in a fast paced and changing
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team sales
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications
- Technical acumen to learn necessary software.
- Associates are expected to have availability to meet the needs
of the business.
- All employees will be expected to represent the brand through
polished communication, personal appearance and
- Technical acumen to learn necessary software and
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
- Ability to anticipate customers' needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through a
computer system and POS register system.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee
frequently is required to handle, or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; regularly climb
or balance; and frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must regularly, frequently or occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on
successful completion of a background check.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the
home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or
Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're
reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our
commitment to industry-leading technology and creative
problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the
most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid
growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find
that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're
a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who
celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives
make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We
value and rely on the collective voices of our employees,
customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a
better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every
perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability,
gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months
to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your
personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy
Notice (which can found here). If you have any questions regarding
our processing of your personal data, please contact us at
email@example.com. If you would rather not have us
retain your data please contact us anytime at
Keywords: Wayfair, Somerville , Part-Time Retail Sales Associate (20-25 hours), Other , Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!