Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: March 18, 2023
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
MGB Digital Coding/CDI Epic Application Coordinator
Reporting to Application Manager HIM-Coding/CDI and SER
The MGB Digital Coding and CDI Application Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service in relation to the entire suite of Coding and CDI products; including but not limited to 3M Coding and Grouper Software, 3M 360 Encompass, 3M 360 Encompass, 3M Engage One, Nuance CDE One, Epic and all approved integrations with these systems and services.
Note: as other applications and tools are identified or acquired that fall into the category of HIM/Coding/CDI, they may be added to the portfolio of applications managed by this role.
The Coding and CDI Application Coordinator will work collaboratively across all Digital eCare Application Teams, functional areas and departments to implement enterprise strategies to create a seamless experience to end-users.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides certified Epic build expertise and experience for successful product implementation
* Provides certified Epic design expertise to analyze organization's current business practices and translate them into configurations and workflows
* Supports departmental/ functional team with application and information system knowledge
* Completes specific tasks as documented on the Work Plan
* Tracks and resolves issues and action items
* Recognizes, communicates, and escalates concerns relevant to critical path and/or timeline in a timely manner.
* Develops and maintains models of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly
* Documents and analyzes business processes
* Develops subject matter expertise and maintains models and documentation of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly
* Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration
* Creates and maintain regular status reports
* Creates and maintains all required system design and build documents
* Attends weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
* Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks
* Post live implementation activities and production support
* Uses the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Other duties as required
* Bachelors Degree in Business, IT, Healthcare, or related required. Clinical degrees desirable.
* Minimum of 5 years related experience, including experience with healthcare clinical systems.
* Solid understanding of clinical workflow relevant to assigned application team.
* Must have experience in developing and integrating business processes.
* Epic Certification desired or must obtain Epic Certification as outlined by program requirements.
* Ability to apply clinical workflow to the design of information systems.
* Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
* Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal including departmental and clinical user meetings. Can lead and facilitate small-medium working sessions with all levels of staff.
* Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
* Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization
* Demonstrated ability to assimilate and understand new software releases and succeed in a changing environment
* Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
* Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
* Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
* Remote Position
* On call coverage
* Some travel for training
* No staff; provides guidance to less seasoned and new staff.
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using MGB resources.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Somerville , Application Coordinator, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
here to apply!