Cloud Systems Engineer II
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: March 19, 2023
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
At Mass General Brigham Digital, we pride ourselves on our ability to create maximum strategic, clinical, and operational value from established and emergent technologies for our patients, care teams, researchers, and employees. Digital health will not only enhance the equity and efficiency of healthcare delivery, but it will also help make medicine more personalized and precise.
We recognize that increasing value and continually improving quality while maintaining an inclusive focus are essential to organizational excellence, and we invite you to join us on this journey. The work we do in Digital is a strategic imperative, and there is a strong and growing understanding of how together we will transform Mass General Brigham in innovative and impactful ways.
The Systems Engineer II is responsible for assessing systems, determining problems, providing solutions to issues that arise, while also designing, upgrading and maintaining current and new systems.
Reporting to CMIO for Pathology
Pathology Informatics drives the application of clinical genomics, digital pathology, and other clinical/research/education informatics needs in the department. The Systems Engineer II will leverage software solutions and integrated data to improve the delivery of patient care. The candidate is a highly motivated individual who works with clinicians, pathologists, bioinformaticians, and software engineers to employ and develop infrastructure tools for the generation, integration, and management of clinical and pathology data. The successful candidate will join an existing informatics team which has developed, maintained, and continue to innovate/improve solutions for clinical genomics, digital pathology, and pathology informatics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Configuration and deployment of all server updates, security patches, tools, drivers, etc. transitioned from Service Design/Architecture.
* Perform project-related monitoring, technical support and trouble-shooting of server systems.
* Creates/Executes/deploys scripts, tools, server builds for IT Infrastructure.
* Provide Problem analysis, recovery and reporting.
* Technical consultation on projects; and vendor escalation when warranted.
* Provisioning services, such as quoting, ordering, tracking and installation of new equipment
* Use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or a related discipline or 5 years related experience
* MCSE or equivalent experience desired.
* 5 years of server administration experience in a VMWare management
* Experience with Cisco rack-mountable servers (UCS) and Dell EMC converged infrastructure
* 3 Years MS Azure, Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform Cloud Experience
* Must have working knowledge of Networking
* Must have excellent distributed systems platform knowledge
* Familiarity with the concepts of ITIL v.3
* Epic infrastructure knowledge a plus
* Strong commitment to customer service
* Knowledge of Server scripting and automation
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
* Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements; familiarity with project management fundamentals
* Must have experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Visio
* Average working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
* Must have working knowledge of Storage Array Platforms i.e. Dell EMC Powermax, Dell EMC Powerstore, VMWare VSAN
* Must have experience of virtualization technologies, i.e. VMware, ESX 6.7, 7.x
* Must have experience with MS System End Point Configuration Manager (aka SCCM)
* Experience with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
* Experience with VXRACK VBLOCK, CISCO UCS Blade and rack-mountable servers
* Experience with Network protocols: TCP/IP
* No direct reports; may provide guidance to less seasoned and new staff
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* This position requires occasional local travel to MGB sites, vendors, and/or conferences
* Hospital work environment working conditions include possible exposure to diseases or infections and may require safety gear (PPE) such as gloves and mask.
* Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Somerville , Cloud Systems Engineer II, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
here to apply!