RSR Class B
Company: Century Linen & Uniform
Posted on: March 19, 2023
* Adhere to all company, state, and federal DOT and HOS requirements.
* Perform daily activities including loading and unloading at Century Linenfacility and customer locations, delivering in assigned equipment on dedicated route.
* Conduct linen counts and orders per customer requirements.
* Deliver product to the customer location which can include operating the liftgate, unloading carts from the truck, and placing carts in the appropriate location.
* Maintain the security of truck cargo by repositioning carts as needed between deliveries and pickups.
* Adheres to Century Linen's functional separation process and procedure.
* Verify all items specified in the delivery receipt were included in the delivery and obtain a confirmation signature from a facility representative.
* Prepare the truck for the next shift, including making sure equipment is fueled and clean, removing any personal items, and putting keys and delivery receipts in proper areas
* Report any customer feedback or vehicle problems to the supervisor.
* Occasionally fills in for absent drivers and performs supplemental deliveries as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
* High School Diploma or GED
* Required driver classification specific to available position (Class A, Class B, or Class C)
* Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (3 years), pass DOT background check & physical examination.
* Good communication skills with internal and external customers.
* Ability to perform the basic functions of the job including reading, writing, and simple math calculations.
* Basic computer skills.
* Physical ability to push and pull carts as the job requires.
* Able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Class A licenses are a CDL classification required to operate tractor/trailers
* Class B licenses are a CDL classification required to operate Straight Trucks registered over 26K GVW (cannot operate a tractor/trailer with this license)
* Class C licenses are a non-CDL classification required to operate vehicles registered at or below 26K GVW
* 1-year delivery or route experience
* BA or BS degree
Yes. Consistent with service area.
The position requires the ability to move wheeled carts weighing up to 600 LBS or more varying by location.
The work environment is typically spent in a Century Linen's vehicle performing delivery and pickups to customer locations. Occasional exposure to the outside environment depending on the location.
California Vaccination Requirements:
To ensure a healthy and safe work environment, you are required to comply with the State of California Public Health Order issued on August 5, 2021. If so, you must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine before your start date. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the United States, the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). Candidates and employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation to this requirement by contacting human resources.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019ncov/vaccines/index.html
Keywords: Century Linen & Uniform, Somerville , RSR Class B, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
here to apply!