Company: Clean Harbors
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Overview $5000 Signing Bonus!! Clean Harbors in Woburn, MA is
looking for an Environmental Waste Manager to join their safety
conscious team! This position supports the execution of a client's
environmental hazardous waste management program within a Medical
Facility. Duties include but are not limited to collecting,
packing, treatment, and disposal hazardous and non- hazardous
throughout areas of the hospital. The Environmental Program Manager
serves as the client's main contact and primary interface you will
interact with patients, medical staff, and Clean Harbors daily.
This position requires the ability to walk for extensive amounts of
time throughout your workday. This is an ideal position for someone
who has housekeeping experience in a hospital. Clean Harbors is the
leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services
throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site,
providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We
are solving tough problems through innovation and proven
methodology - come be part of the solution with us. Why work for
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of
full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following
policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs all hazardous waste management duties in accordance
with regulatory standards, customer policies, and company
- Uses knowledge of baseline contract to determine whether
contract requirements are being met and determines whether projects
fall within the scope or need to be quoted as outside the
- Communicates frequently and maintains positive rapport with
customers, subcontractors, and supervisors.
- Analyzes financial performance of baseline contract as well as
- Identifies and characterizes waste, sampling and preparing
waste material for analysis as required.
- Utilizes knowledge of DOT regulations to properly prepare
containers for shipment; prepares and signs shipping paperwork for
all waste shipments.
- Coordinates deliveries of waste containers and pick ups of
waste for disposal.
- Tracks all waste shipment activities and prepares comprehensive
reports for the customer; tracks waste generation data in customer
- Assists with preparation of annual budget and reconciliation
- Performs and documents waste satellite and accumulation area
- Develops and implements plans/projects that reduce the amount
of waste generated and/or the amount of waste going to the
- Ensures all deliverables are completed in a timely and
- Investigates situations that could create regulatory,
financial, or environmental issues for the customer or the Company;
uses knowledge of waste handling procedures and internal financial
processes to determine the most efficient and fiscally sound
solution while achieving the customer's goals.
- Ensures a discrimination-free environment anywhere in the
company regarding sex, race, creed, age and religion.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time
by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean
Harbors business. Qualifications
- 3 Years' Experience in Hazardous Waste or BA in Chemistry
- Leadership and supervisory knowledge
- RCRA and DOT Training per 40 and 49 CFR
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
- Analytical/sampling experience
- Ability to work with budgets and quotes
- Strong initiative---
- Team Player
- Strong ability to reason
- Critical thinker/problem solver
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and writtenPhysical
- Requires walking distances through buildings.
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to hear and talk on the phone and use a computer.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste
disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United
States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. We offer
competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health,
dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition
reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and
require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to
pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may
require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests. Employment
is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen.
Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all
work eligibility requirements. Environmentally responsible
business. To learn more about our company visit us at www.
cleanharbors. comWe thank all those interested in joining the Clean
Harbors team; however only those that complete the online
application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be
considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Somerville , Insite Supervisor, Other , Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...