Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 23, 2023
- Must complete all work in compliance with FRA, MBTA and Keolis
Commuter Services standards.
- Maintain qualifications to perform Carman assignments to
overhaul, test and repair railroad passenger coaches and
- Responsible for, but not limited to welding, air brakes, truck
work, fabrication, mill work, painting and upholstery.
- Comply with all related safety rules and procedures and report
all hazards as required.
- Attend and participate in all assigned training, specifically
safety and security related.
- Must document job tasks or work performed manually or
electronically and submit as required.
- Other duties as assigned. Knowledge and Experience:
- Vocational or technical high school diploma, GED or equivalent
required. A certificate from a two (2) year mechanical technical
school is preferred.
- Minimum of Two (2) years practical experience in a mechanical
- Work Performance: A satisfactory prior work record reflecting
- Knowledge of FRA Rule 238 brake certification and blue flag
rules is preferred.
- Familiarity with railroad rolling stock and a railroad work
environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in the selection and use of proper tools,
methods and equipment to performed assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated mechanical experience and ability to inspect and
repair all mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general welding practices.
- Welding performance demonstration is required by candidates
that entail making a shielded metal arc weld (SMAW) or flux core
arc weld (FCAW) fillet weld of a specified dimension [1/4"] in the
1F [Flat] position. The weld will be visually inspected by an AWS
certified welding inspector and measured to assure it meets the
dimensional and workmanship standard of the AWS Structural Steel
Welding Code [D1.1].
- Experience with pneumatic brake systems is preferred. Skills:
- Must be able to communicate successfully with a variety of
disciplines and levels, both internal and external staff.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and
- Must be able to follow verbal and written direction from
- Must be able to follow written procedures.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team.
- Must have a valid driver's license. Other Requirements
- Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment physical to
include drug screen, audiogram screening. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check.
- Repeated lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Repetitive pushing/pulling of objects in excess of 40 lbs.
- Work involves walking, talking, and hearing, using both hands
to handle, feel and / or reaching with both hands and both
- The work performed inside and / or outside and includes
exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration,
mechanical hazards and electrical hazards.
- Position requires ability to climb onto rail equipment.
- Must be able to travel and work at all Commuter Rail locations
in Massachusetts and Rhode Island in all weather conditions.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and
the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to reach 6 - 12 inches above head to perform
- Manual dexterity required - fine motor skills.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching or kneeling
- Ability to perform all duties above. Additional Statements:
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol--screen. Also contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a
physical--examination. Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life
at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the well-being--of
our employees, customers and communities. Together we can become
the most successful--transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the
environment by minimizing the--impact of operations to our people
and the communities in which we operate. EEO statement: Our policy
is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals
regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital
status, national origin, ancestry,--physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation or gender identification. We maintain a
drug-free--workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. ADA Reasonable Accommodation:-- Keolis CS is committed to
the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this
commitment, Keolis CS will ensure that persons with disabilities
are provided reasonable accommodations.-- Disclaimer and closing
statement: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature--and level of work performed by employees assigned
to this classification. They are not intended to be--construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of employees assigned--to this job. Keolis is committed to
offering our employees competitive compensation and
benefits,--opportunities for development and growth throughout an
exciting and rewarding career, and the--safest work environment
possible. #CB #INDHP
Keywords: Keolis North America, Somerville , Carmen Journeymen, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...