Company: Blue River Terps
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Budtender Job Description
Budtenders at Blue River--- Cambridge are responsible for providing each customer with an authentic, extraordinary experience guiding customers to the best cannabis products to fit their unique needs through meaningful, genuine, knowledgeable interactions. A budtender must maintain compliance with all cannabis retail regulations and keep the sales floor and display cases clean and orderly.
Qualified applicants have retail sales and customer service experience. An ideal candidate has cannabis product knowledge. Cannabis industry experience is preferred, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees customer intake process ensuring customer confidentiality
- Provides knowledge, expertise, guidance, and a personalized experience to each customer by explaining potential benefits of the in-store Cannabis products offered.
- Ensures customer questions or concerns are resolved quickly and completely and communicates any requests or unresolved concerns to management immediately
- Accountable for accurately receiving, coordinating, and fulfilling customer orders by utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) and inventory tracking systems in compliance with
Blue River---, local, and state policies.
- Adapts to varied sales volume, stays active, and assist in keeping the dispensary properly stocked, clean, tidy and in operating order while keeping customers priority.
- Assist with opening and closing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Follows compliance practices and prevents the diversion of cannabis to anyone other than authorized customers.
- Attend, contribute, and engage in staff meetings and training
- Contribute to an environment where forward thinking, diversity, and inclusion are part of your team.
Qualifications / Experience
- High-school diploma or equivalent and experience in the field or in a similar field.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Prior experience, preferably in retail and/or customer service area is a plus.
1 of 2
- Must have prior cash handling experience.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and with a variety of personalities at various seniority levels.
- Must possess excellent people skills and be able to communicate effectively with others in both verbal and written form.
- Must be able to work effectively without supervision and in a team environment.
- Must possess valid driver's license or state ID
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be able to be approved for a current state cannabis worker license or permit.
2 of 2
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.50 - $19.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Somerville, MA 02144: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Budtender Job Description
Keywords: Blue River Terps, Somerville , Budtender, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
here to apply!