Signal Maintainer C&S
Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to use basic hand tools, lift 50lbs, bend, stoop
and carry heavy loads.
- Must be able to climb 35' signal masts and poles.
- Must be able to dig and extricate self from trenches.
- Should have railroad signal related experience.
- Must be able to communicate successfully with a variety of
disciplines and levels, both internal and external staff.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills. Experience
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent educational
- Trade and/or vocational training preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license. CDL and/or Hoisting
- Must pass a Roadway Worker's Protection test.
- Basic electrical or electronic training.
- Should have construction related experience.
- Qualified Signal Maintainer status strongly preferred. Key
- Involves working outside in all types of weather conditions
year-round as assigned.
- Install, construct, maintain, repair and inspect the signal
system, signal telephone pole lines, and railroad crossing systems
as assigned on the MBTA Commuter Rail System.
- Have the ability to work well with others and independently as
- Requires on call support outside of normal work schedule.
- Respond to emergency conditions as required for the
- Other duties as assigned during emergencies. - Physical /
- Ability to perform all duties above.
- Perform under pressure and tight deadlines while trouble
shooting system failures.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, climbing poles and
ladders (up to 50 feet), lifting (up to 50 pounds), lifting,
balancing and driving.
- The position will be exposed to loud environments, outdoor
weather, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts,
vibration, and electricity.
- May be required to work extended hours during inclement
- Vision abilities required by this job include near and distant
vision with the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to see colors clearly.
- Must pass physical examinations as required by regulation or
policy. -Working Conditions
- -Shift Work - May be required to work off shifts for special
- Travel - Daily to job locations mostly in Company vehicle.
- On-Call - As per Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Team Work - Work as part of the Engineering team.
- Other - This is a unionized position. Additional Statements
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
examination. Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis.
By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees,
customers, and communities. Together we can become the most
successful transportation company in the world. - Environmental
commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by
minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the
communities in which we operate. EEO statement: Our policy is to
afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals
regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital
status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive
compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth
throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work
environment possible. #cb #Indhp -
Keywords: Keolis North America, Somerville , Signal Maintainer C&S, Other , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...