Wheel Chair Van Driver
Company: Cataldo Ambulance
Posted on: May 4, 2022
- Starting wages up to $17/hr, commensurate with
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical
and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full time
- Opportunity to work towards gaining EMT Certification while
earning a paycheck!
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- Positions available in the following communities: Beverly,
Chelsea, Danvers, Lynn, Needham, Newburyport, Peabody, Saugus, and
The Chair Car Operator is directly responsible for the safe and
efficient transport of all disabled, handicapped, or elderly
persons assigned to their care both to and from their destination.
This is a great opportunity for the candidate who is interested in
gaining experience in the health care field, a civic-minded
resident who is eager to make a difference in their community, or
anyone with a passion for assisting the elderly and disabled.
- Respond promptly to all assigned calls
- Attend to patient in a courteous manner
- Move patient via wheelchair in a safe, professional
- Perform daily routine checks of the vehicle and record results
on required checklist
- Inspect and clean vehicle daily
- Complete and submit all paperwork requirements daily
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner adhering to
company driving policies
- Operate the lift mechanism of the vehicle
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving
- Must be CPR certified (we will provide certification if
- Must be able to pass a background check, including
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and lift test
- Previous driving experience in a commercial setting a
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance
and without difficulty
- Must be able to maneuver a patient-loaded wheelchair up and
down three stairs without difficulty
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk without difficulty and without affecting
the immediate performance of job related duties
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of
the work being performed by the person/people in this position.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status,
religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities
and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Cataldo Ambulance, Somerville , Wheel Chair Van Driver, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!