Team Receiver-Full Time
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Maintain a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient customer service. Support the Team Leader,
Associate Team Leader, Supervisor and Regional Team by maintaining
* Assume primary responsibility of processing all product
* Process deliveries in a timely manner with full attention to
detail and abiding by receiving procedures.
* Ensure receiving supplies are filled and maintained.
* Maintain backstock area and cooler.
* Keep receiving area secure while on duty.
* Break down and organize designated loads.
* Ensure all refrigerated items are stocked or properly stored.
* Distribute received merchandise or notify team of arrival.
* Establish and maintain merchandise return/transfer area.
* Maintain receiving area in a neat, clean, organized and safe
* Process incoming special orders, price and call guest to
* Use all communication tools including department logbook.
* Document product transfers and waste and spoilage using
* Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation
procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
* Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
* Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
* Report all life safety and fire hazards, along with any other
violations of company policy, to Team Leader for correction and
report all accidents and injuries to Team Leader or Store
* Effectively communicate with Team Members regarding receiving and
* Attend all department, store and training meetings when
* Answer department telephone calls and pages with proper etiquette
when time permits.
* Develop working knowledge of all department vendors.
* Verification of each delivery and variances noted on invoice and
to Team Leader.
* Follow through with correcting discrepancies using proper
* Assist in stocking product.
* File all completed paperwork in designated area.
* Properly and accurately record time using time clock at the
beginning and end of each shift and for unpaid meal breaks during
* Responsible for proper dress code, including non-slip shoes and
cut-resistant gloves, when necessary, during each work shift.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without
* Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders
* Know and practice proper lifting techniques
* Bend and lift loads not to exceed 50 pounds
* Push and pull carts, weighing up to 100 pounds, unassisted
* Ability to perform job by repetitive use of right and left hands
for simple grasping, power grasping, pushing and pulling and fine
* Must be able to consistently bend and twist neck and waist, reach
above and below shoulders and squat during the course of a work
* Must be able to lift and carry loads up to 10 pounds regularly
and 11-25 pounds intermittently during the course of the work
* Communicate and maintain employee safety and security
* Outstanding verbal and written communicator
* Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of
working independently with little supervision. Able to work a
flexible schedule based on the needs of the facility, including
nights, weekends and holidays as required
Desired Work Experiences
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must have working knowledge of IRMA
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, Somerville , Team Receiver-Full Time, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!